Chapter 54: City of Lights

The groups busy morning faded with the setting sun. They had successfully traveled around the city. They had seen the Notre-Dame de paris, The Louvre, Panthéon, and a collection of other tourist locations around the city.

      As the sun lowered itself behind the horizon of buildings and the city began to go dark, like magic it came back to life again.

   The air still sweet with the smell of food sold by nearby street vendors and lights danced off the almost still waters of the Seine. All around them the busy streets filled with the sights and sounds of exciting nightlife, and it was barely 8p.m. There was only one sight left to see.

The Eiffel Tower.

    They made their way to the one thing that towered over the entire city and could be seen from pretty much anywhere. All of them taking excited steps towards the magnificent piece of architecture.

    Herc took Laf's hand as they got closer to it, pulling him along. The group followed behind, Thomas the only one who knew of Herc's intentions.

"Mon Amour, you dont have to rush." Lafayette giggled.

"I know, I'm just excited." Herc laughed.

     It was a genuine laugh, one that could lift the most sunken of spirits, and Laf found himself laughing too. They cut through the crowds as a group, before the stood at the base of the tower. They all walked up the stairs to the highest point they could reach, and looked over the dazzling city in awe.

    Herc noticed the way the light gave Laf's face a soft and subtle glow, and reflected off his eyes. His brown hair unusually tame except for the curls used to frame his face. He noticed the way his pink lips turned up in cheerful smile that showed a bit of his pearly white teeth.

And Herc couldn't help but smile with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 316)

    My dearest Welpers, next chapter will be the final on in this book (besides the possible Epilogue). It won't be very long, but I hope you won't mind.

Sincerely,
Welp