Chapter 48: Nostalgia

There is nothing quite like the mornings in the Lafayette household. Everyone was gathered around the table, eating various pastries and other breakfast foods until they were stuffed. It was hectic and strange, but Herc loved it.

   He loved seeing Lafayette with his family, and he couldn't wait to be apart of it. He had to be apart of it. Mr. & Mrs. Lafayette seemed to like me, and Adrienne tolerated him at least. Things seemed to be going smoothly.

"I thought you had more friends coming with you?" Lafayette's mother asked.

"Oh, we do, there are just to many of them." Lafayette said." We brought Thomas, the sisters, and a couple others too."

"Oh my, have they ever been to Paris before?"His mother asked again.

"No, well except Thomas," He responded.

"Then maybe you guys should go out, and explore the city." Lafayette's mom said. "It's a beautiful day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    After a nice breakfast, they decided to walk the streets of the city toghether, before meeting up with the rest of the group. They walked down the street and laughed at Lafayette's childhood memories.

   He told them about the street he grew up on, and the kids that used to live in the neighborhood. Suddenly he let out a small gasp, and grabbed Herc by the hand.

"Mon amour, follow me." He said dragging Herc along while the other two struggled to keep up.

   At the end of the street was a cute little ice cream parlor, with a few tables outs side. It was slightly older looking, but had clearly been taken care of. As the boys entered they were to see Thomas and the others were already there.

"See, I told you Gilly would come here." Thomas stated, Peggy reluctantly handing him 20 Euros.

    Lafayette smiled as he looked around the room, feeling the nostalgia wash over him. This was his favorite place when he was younger, and it's where he met Thomas.

   Thomas had been studying abroad, and working here to cover his living expenses and give him tourist money.
Lafayette was loyal customer, who spoke with Thomas everyday just to say hi. Long story short the became close friends afterwards.

    When Thomas had to return the first time, Lafayette had applied to a college in the America and had been excepted. Thomas helped Lafayette figured things out and move to the U.S..

And it all started in a little ice cream parlor, down the street from Lafayette's childhood home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 416)

    Welp, its me again (see what I did there.) This was another partly finished chapter that I just hadn't finished. Im adding 1 or 2 of you guys next chapter so be prepared for that.

Sincerely,
Welp