Chapter 36: New Year Eve (Part 3)

The afternoon melted into the evening, becoming closer to the new year with each passing second. Lafayette, now awake from his nap, checked the time on his phone.

11:26p.m.

    Only about a half hour left till midnight, and the excitement in the air only continued to grow. People were smiling, drinking, laughing, and...dancing? At some point the couples in the room got up and began dancing. Lafayette smiled in awe when he felt someone tap his shoulder from behind. He turned to see Herc smiling ear to ear.

"May I have this dance?" Herc said with a small bow.

"But of course." Lafayette giggled.

      They took a few steps closer to eachother and Herc rested his hands on Lafayette hips, while Lafs arms wrapped around Hercs neck. They began to slowly sway to the soft music playing somewhere in the back ground. As they danced the looked into eachothers eyes and it set both their hearts a flame.

     Magic filled the air and love filled their hearts. Herc leaned to steal a kiss from Lafayette, before grabbing his hand.

"I have a surprise for you." Herc said.  

   Lafayette didn't have time to respond before Herc was leading down the hall to the room. The room was lit only by faint glow of the candles scattered across the floor., causing the air to be filled with a soft sent of vanilla. Out on the balcony there was table decorated with candles aswell as a clean white table cloth and food. More specifically crepes, and wine.

   Herc nervously fiddled with the sleeve of his jacket.

"Do you like it?"

   Lafayette couldn't form words, so instead, he used actions. He quickly ran towards Herc, wrapping his arms around Herc neck before kissing him passionately. Herc wrapped his arms around Lafayette and smiled.

   It was then they looked out at time square, still entangled in eachothers embrace as the countdown began.

10.
Peggy's shouts could be heard from the living room.

9.
Thomas wrapped his arms around his Jemmy

8.
John told Alex he loved him more than turtles

7.
Burr held his beautiful fiancé closer

6.
Maria smiled down at her pregnant belly

5.
Eliza sipped more champagne

4.
The pressure is building up

3.
Magic fills the air

2.

Angelica held up a toast

1.

Happy New Year.

  As the cheers grew louder and the ball lit up. Herc kissed the one person he loved more than anything. The man who had managed to change his life in a few precious months. A man who gave him the most amazing group of friends, screw friends, he would call them family. Lafayette was the center of his world, and as the pulled away from that gentle loving kiss he heard Laf whisper,

" What do you want this year?"

Herc simply smiled.

"I have everything I could ever want right here in my arms."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 479)

   Happy New Years Eve. I just want to say that while I wrote this I did my best to convey my actual feelings, and as this year comes to a close, I want you to know how much you guys mean to me.

    This small family of supporters has made me so unbelievably thrilled to be a part of this community. I know you're probably tired of me saying this but I love you all so so so so much.

Happy New Years

Sincerely,
Welp