Chapter Fifty-Two

*definition is return, because I'm back bitches*

Robin opened her eyes blearily. Had it been a dream? She was naked, but she slept naked most nights, that wasn't an issue. She turned over, planning to fall back asleep, but felt skin.

She screamed, falling out of bed. "Robbie?!"

"Holy shit!" she screamed. "W- What the hell?!"

"Are you okay?" Jordan looked concerned, and she gasped.

"Did we-?!"

"Yeah, but- Robbie, I'm here, I'm not leaving, I promise!"

She began hyperventilating, and Jordan tried to calm her down. "Darling, please, relax! It's just me, it's just me."

"Why are you still here?!"

"Because- f*ck, am I having this conversation now? Because I love you. I always have."

She was silent, watching him, and he held out his hand, a peace offering. She begrudgingly took it, and he helped her back into her bed. She couldn't help but hold the blanket up to her chest, and sat in the bed. Jordan leaned in and kissed her, softly, less urgently. "Did you hurt yourself?"

"No, but- what the hell are you doing, Jordan?"

"We- you agreed, I made sure you were consenting-"

"Not that, just- why are we doing this? Why are you doing this?"

"I told you. I love you, Robbie." He sighed. "I've loved you for years. Years and years."

She was silent, watching him, and he looked up at the ceiling instead of at her. "Diana knew. She knew I had feelings for you, feelings that weren't just... you know, sisterly. It got to the point where she cheated on me, even though I was planning on breaking it off with her for ages, but then I realised... I realised I loved you. And seeing you that night only hammered it home for me, and I realised I only had one chance." He looked horribly sad, and glanced at her with pain in his eyes. "The reason... the reason I told you to leave was because... I wanted it to be real, Robbie. I didn't want it to be just- just a heat of the moment thing. I felt like I'd used you. And I didn't know how to deal with it. But I'm older now, I'm smarter. I don't want to ever hurt you again."

"Are you mad?" breathed Robin softly, flopping back onto the pillow with a sigh. "Is that what all of this was?"

He sighed, shaking his head. "No, that's not it. I'm an idiot."

"I know."

"I f*cked up, Robbie. I f*cked up hard, but... being with you makes me so happy. And I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I want to have the chance to make it up to you. I want to be able to call you mine." He leaned over her, stroking her cheek with a tender look in his eyes. "I wanted it to be real. That was all, that was all it was. I'm sorry."

Robin stared at him, before sighing softly. "You're an asshole."

"I know." He tucked her hair behind her ear again, before kissing her. "If you don't mind, I would love to make up for all the time we've lost."

She rolled her eyes, then kissed him back, straddling his hips. "You're lucky that I enjoy having sex with you, at any rate."

"I'm so glad we have that in common," he replied, before kissing her again.

<><><><><><><><>

Phoenix felt a pair of lips on his, and opened his eyes. "Morning, sweetpea," said Ebony softly, and he simply smiled, leaning up and kissing her back.