Chapter Fifty-Eight

*define need*

It was a slow day for Jordan Casper.

He'd messaged Robin, but gotten no response. He didn't even care if they were going to hook up or not- he just wanted to hang out with someone. And Robin was... well, an amazing friend, and a beautiful person. He was kidding himself. He just wanted to hang out with her.

He heard a knock on his door. "Coming," he called, setting down his book and walking to the front door to answer it.

Before he could even get a word in, though, he was being kissed, being pushed up against a wall and being kissed aggressively. There were hands on his chest, frantically unbuttoning his shirt, and he managed to pull away slightly. "Robbie?"

"Need-" she muttered, not responding to him, and kissing him again. Instinctively, he kissed her back, but something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

"Robbie, honey, slow-" he tried to say, but she hushed him with another kiss, pushing his shirt off his shoulders and kissing at his neck.

"Please," she breathed, pulling him to the couch and kissing him passionately. "Need this. Need you."

"Robin, calm down," he said as sternly as he could with her sitting on his lap and her shirt off and his mind in other places. "You're not making sense, what's going on?"

"Nothing, I just- please, f*ck, I just- please-" she whimpered before letting out a broken sob. "Please."

"Darling, slow down," he breathed softly, and her face crumpled.

"Just- give me this- give me something real. Give me you."

"I can't do that. I'm worried about you." He pulled away from her. "Sit down, love. I'll get you something to drink."

She shook in his arms, sobbing into his chest. "P-Please... p-please be something... something real. Something normal. I want this, I want- p-please..."

"Robbie, I'm here, baby. Breathe." He kissed the top of her head, holding her close to him and trying to ease her tension. "I'm here. I'm here."

With those repeated words, Robin slowly stopped sobbing. She went from outward sobbing, to crying, to silent tears, then soft hiccups as Jordan kept rubbing her back, letting her cry. He knew there was no point in trying to tell her not to cry, but he hated seeing her so upset. But at least he was there for her. At least he was there, stroking her hair and breathing soft comforts to her.

Eventually, she had calmed down a little, and Jordan pulled away slightly. "Alright, darling," he said gently. "What happened?"

"Spence- Spence's friend, his name is Oliver- he tried to-" She broke off into fresh sobs, and Jordan hushed her gently, stroking her hair. "He- he tried to jump off the school roof, and Spence saved him but- now they're in the hospital- f*ck, f*ck-" She whimpered, then began crying again. "I should've seen it coming, I should've looked after Oli better-"

"It's not your responsibility," said Jordan gently, though he was shaking slightly. "It's horrible, it is, but it wasn't your fault."

"I just wish- I love that kid, I wish I'd noticed something earlier..." She kept crying, and Jordan leaned around to grab her shirt, and helped her pull it back on.

"You like earl grey, right?" he asked softly, and she nodded, still crying. "Alright. I'm gonna make you a cup of tea, then we're gonna go to the hospital together."

"I can't go see him, it's- it's all my fault-"

"Robin," he said quietly, forcing her to look at him. "Honey, this wasn't your fault. You need to be strong for Spencer and for Oliver, too. Can you do that for me?"