Chapter Sixty

*define dream*

"Hon..."

Robin pretended to still be asleep. She didn't want to open her eyes. She didn't want to wake up, not really. She was comfortable here. Warm.

"Come on, sweetheart. We're home."

Her eyes fluttered open, and she saw warm brown eyes. Jordan gave her a small smile. "Hey. I brought you back to yours."

"Stay the night, won't you?"

"Of course, darling." He kissed her forehead softly. "Come on."

She walked up to her little apartment with him, and he took her key, unlocking the door for her. She sleepily walked to her room, too emotionally numb to say or do anything. Jordan didn't say too much, but she could feel his presence, and that was enough for her.

"Bed?"

"I wanna watch something."

He frowned. "Like a TV show?"

"Yeah. Something stupid. Or like... something that doesn't matter."

"Hmm. Maybe like a comedy? We could watch The Office-"

"No," she said. "I want... I wanna be a kid. Let's watch... uh..."

"Phineas and Ferb?"

She chuckled slightly, nodding, and he smiled at her. "Let's just lie down, watch TV. Do you want something to drink?"

"I think I have juice."

"Of course." She lay on the couch closing her eyes and waiting for him to get back, and sighed. She could hear Sushi wandering around a table, and she was exhausted.

Oliver hadn't blamed her, or said anything against her, but she still felt guilty. She'd always be talking with Oliver, they were friends. He'd message her sometimes, and they'd chat, or she'd take him out to lunch when she was free and had a bit of cash on her. And now... he was wanting to leave. Leave it all. Leave her. Leave her baby brother. There was too much going on and her head, her goddamn head hurt.

Jordan reappeared, and as he sat down, she moved closer to him and lay on his chest, nuzzling against his neck. "Warm," she murmured, and he stroked her hair.

"You okay?"

"I'm... just tired. Real f*ckin' tired. All the time."

"I know, baby. I know." He was so warm. So comfortable. She watched the TV with heavy eyes, her mind moving slowly, but over complex things. Things like life, and death, what it all meant, and the man who had changed her life in a matter of weeks.

His eyes were so dark, but so warm. So... warm. So warm. Her mind was hazy now, and she was exhausted. As the TV played in the background, she moved up, to being eye level with Jordan, and gazed at him. His eyes were soft, and he gazed back, giving her a gentle kiss on her lips. "Are you okay?"

"I already told you."

"Yeah, and I'm asking again, because you aren't telling me the truth."

She sighed. "It's... hard to explain. I'm scared and I'm tired, and I'm so drained right now that words aren't even coming out right."

"I see."

"And you're really warm. And you smell good."

He chuckled, his chest vibrating, and she listened carefully to every bass note in his chest, to the beat of his heart. She had heard some amazing songs as the daughter of Hunter Hayes, but somehow... this one was her favourite. The deep bass notes of his voice, the soft hum of his breathing, and the steady beat of his heart. Yes. This was her favourite melody. She nuzzled against him again, then whispered, "Jordan?"