6

*GRACIE'S POV*
I don't know why but I randomly woke up at 1:25, it was more like 1:22 when I actually woke up but when I checked the time it was twenty five past. Lexi was still asleep, well she was still so she was either dead or asleep and I went with the second option. I couldn't fall back asleep so I just scrolled through Facebook, there was nothing really on there so I tried going back to sleep again.

Then my phone pinged, indicating I got a text. Back then the only person that I would text at 1:30 was Lexi when neither of us can sleep and we just talked until one of us fell asleep. It was Caleb. God, what did he want? He was so annoying sometimes.

Caleb: Hey Sis, wanna Help me score a date with your sexy friend?

No, Jesus, I was never going to let that happen, even if she was straight, still wasn't going to happen. I would hate to share her with my brother!

Gracie: No way bro! You are a f*** boy, she doesn't like you and I'm not going to let you dump her ass when you find someone hotter.

Caleb: No way man. No one is hotter than Lexi Jones!

Gracie: you said that about that Michelle girl...

Caleb: well this time I mean it, I'm the fittest guy and she's the hottest girl, you know how this ends..

Gracie: what? How does it end? You turn her gay?

She was already gay so she was never going to like him but I wasn't telling him that because I liked messing with him. Besides, it wasn't my place to tell.

Caleb: I mean, even if I do, must mean she's slept with me......

Gracie: Do you ever talk about anything other than sex???

Caleb: Lexi...

Gracie: I'm going to sleep, night!

Caleb: Send me a pic of her sleeping?

Gracie: PERVERT!!

I looked over at Lexi, I wasn't a complete pervert like Caleb but she actually looked quite cute. She was laying there with her hair falling gracefully over her face. Her blanket had completely fallen on the floor. I sighed, stood up and walked over to her. I picked up the blanket off of the floor and placed it over her, tucking it in once again.

My eyes glanced over the rest of her body. The sleeves on her hoodie had hoisted half of the way up, showing her arms.

Thats when I realised, the only time I've actually seen Lexi's arms, was today in the pool. That's when I realised, she always only had her hoodie on even though it was hot. That's when I realised, she'd been hiding her arms.

That's when I saw them.
When I saw the scars.

They were all up her left arm. It was horrible, the way they were just scratched in, overlapping others. The pain that she would have gained, and the pain that she lost in order to do this. I hadn't seen them earlier because she was hiding them. She'd convinced me that everything was fine, why did I believe her?

I traced my finger over her left wrist, she stirred a little but didn't wake. How could she do that to herself? Were they old? Were they new? Why didn't she tell me about them? I would've been there for her, I was there for her.