25

LEXI'S POV*
I was sat in the middle of the basketball court and the coffee in my hands was warming me up, or at least it was numbing my hands. It was around six in the morning and it was freezing outside but the coldness warmed me, which probably made no sense to anyone else but I completely understood it.

"How's the hangover?" Caleb asked as he threw me a bottle of water as he strolled towards me. He had his good up, hands stuffed in his pockets and I could clearly see he was shivering.

"Awful," which caused him to chuckle. I'd thrown up three times that morning and twice before I fell asleep. Id barley eaten the day before and then I'd thrown up a load so my stomach was completely empty. Raw, almost.

He walked over and sat down opposite me with a stern look on his face. "What are these?" Caleb tossed me an orange bottle of pills but I didn't recognise them at first.

I read the label and saw that they were some pretty hardcore pills.
"Vicodin apparently," I mumbled.

"Lexi they were in your bag," I didn't even bother to ask him why he was going through my shit because my head hurt too much and I felt like I was going to vomit.

"Dude I haven't seen them before,"

"Oh really? So you were just lying on the floor a week ago for fun eh? You were seriously fucked up mate so if these were what you took-"

"I can't remember, they might have been," I snapped. I knew full well what I'd taken.

"Hey chuck em back," I passed them back to him then took another huge gulp of coffee. It had started to cool a little but I didn't mind.

"Drowsiness, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, memory loss, psychological dependence, vomiting, nausea, dizziness and mood changes," He was reading out the side effects from the side of the cap. "Where'd you even get these from?"

"I can't remember," I repeated, "anyway don't you do drugs?"

"I smoke weed occasionally, took a few pills before but mate these are some serious shit," He shook the bottle so the pills rattled. I tried to remind myself of what happened before the party the week before but the last thing I could remember was beer pong with Dani.

"Did you steal these drugs from the hospital?" He asked me and I racked my brain some more. I downed the rest of my coffee. I got on the basketball team, we went to Harley's to celebrate and I played beer pong. Why the fuck couldn't I remember what happened?

"I don't know okay?" I shouted at him. My sudden outburst startled him.

"Alright, can you at least come inside Jones? It's like a fucking blizzard out here," That made me laugh.

I chucked on some grey joggers and an oversized burgundy hoodie. I already knew that I just wasn't going to be doing much that day so I didn't even try to put an effort into my outfit, not that I did any other day.

*GRACIE'S POV*
The dream had really got to me, it was on my mind all of the time. I killed Lexi. I killed Lexi. I killed Lexi. Just over and over in my head.

I pretended the dream was a sign, a sign that I liked her because she was the only thing I could think about. So I knew what I had to do.

"I'm scared okay? I'm so scared." I had to tell Lexi how I was feeling, it wasn't fair on her otherwise.

"Yeah and I get that, but I keep on telling you I'm here for you and I'm not leaving any time soon."

"I know but I don't know if I can do it." I didn't know if I had the strength to come out, after all I was weak and a coward.

"Gracie it's not doing anything, you're still the same person." Lexi argued.