34

*LEXI'S POV*
I'd never really thought about my future before but it was just over a year before I moved out and moved on. It was two months before Caleb and Blake moved on with their lives. They'd be graduating and continuing with their education elsewhere. I didn't even know where they were going to. I hadn't asked them, that probably made me a bad friend and an even shittier best friend but I'd been so caught up with basketball and classes. And Gracie.

"Bro, you're leaving soon and we've not got much time left to spend together as a group," I mentioned, starting the conversation off.

"You're right, we need to celebrate," I chuckled at his response. He celebrated everything even if their was nothing to celebrate.

"Where are you going anyway?" I asked, as I prepared myself for a lecture about not caring enough to ask before. But what I actually got from him shocked me.

"Here's the thing," he paused, "I haven't actually been accepted anywhere yet,"

"Fucking hell Caleb, you're leaving in three months." I smacked him in the side of his ribs.

"Shut up man, they don't know," He motioned downstairs. We were sat in his room playing on his xbox, just talking about life I guess.

"What type of courses have you been looking for?" I asked, hoping to get something out of him because I wanted to help.

"Well football I guess." He shrugged, "I got accepted into this one school for football but then a couple of days later I got an email from them, saying it was some kind of a mistake," That was shitty but I was confused as to why he didn't tell me. Didn't he trust me?

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" I quizzed.

"Because I didn't want them to worry. I'll find somewhere before I have to leave,"

"You do have a bit of time left," I admitted.

"Don't mention it to anyone, ok?" Caleb had worry in his eyes, something I'd rarely seen from him before.

"Mate we're going to do something about this," I stated as I formed a plan in my head.

"When?"

"Right the fuck now, come on,"

I jumped off of his bed and grabbed my jacket from the floor. He seemed to have followed my actions because he was behind me immediately. I walked down the stairs with so much bounce in my step and found Blake and his mother in the kitchen sharing a conversation.

"You living here now?" Blake questioned when he saw me.

"She has a home," Caleb mentioned from two steps above me.

"Lexi is welcome to stay for as long as she likes," Their mum commented, then winked at me.

"Aw, thanks Mrs H," I was forever grateful for everything she had done for me over the months of knowing her kids.

"It's Vanessa," She chuckled, I had never called her by her actual name because it would have felt too formal and I was planning on sticking around so I wanted to have a nickname for her.

"I know," I chuckled and I caught a glimpse of her smile.

"Caleb hurry your ass up," I shouted, forgetting he was right behind me.

"I'm here, fucking hell." He shouted back with just as much volume.

"Where are you two going?" Gracie asked as she walked down the stairs.

"Just for a run." I replied casually.

"Can you get coffee on the way back?" Blake requested.

"Fuck it," I noticed Gracie smile when I said that, "sure," I had everyone's coffee orders memorised so I didn't need to ask what he wanted.