48

*LEXI'S POV*
"Are you coming to the lake tomorrow?" Gracie asked me sweetly. I wanted to say yes, I really wanted to spend the afternoon and evening with my beautiful girlfriend at the lake, but I couldn't risk it. She would find out somehow and it would worry her too much. I'd either drink too much and tell her everything or I'd get into a fight with someone. It was just what I did. Something always had to happen whenever I tried to have a good night. I wanted Gracie to have fun and if I was there I'd probably fuck things up.

"I think I'm going to have to miss it Gracie," I uttered but mustered up a smile to make sure she didn't question anything, "I have to finish off the short story for that competition," I added. I'd already finished that but it was the only excuse I had. I hated lying to her, but it was better than her knowing the truth.

A while back I discovered that I was actually pretty damn good at English and writing. Before I hadn't payed much attention because I thought school was a waste of time. But I needed something to focus on. I was made to enter a short story competition by my English teacher. Apparently I had a really good chance of winning and they were really happy for me, but I just think that they were happy because it gave the school recognition.

I was so glad that the school year was coming to an end, after that I would have been able to leave school behind and move on in life. Go to University and be more free to do whatever I wanted. The basketball season was over and I had already been offered a secure position at De Montfort University for basketball. For the last two years I had worked my butt off to get there, but I didn't even want it anymore.

"Can you come by after? There's kind of something I want to show you," Gracie mentioned, which made me curious.

"Sure, I'll ring you as soon as I've finished," Due to my wages I was able to replace my broken phone. I guessed I was going to the lake after all. Seeing the sad expression on her face when I said that I couldn't go to the lake party made me feel extremely guilty, I seriously hated lying to her, I didn't want to lie to her anymore.

"Hey," I held out my hand and connected our fingers, "Come here," She stepped forward, a smile growing on her face which allowed me to relax a little.

I pressed my lips to hers softly and began kissing her slowly, she didn't hesitate to kiss back which made me smile against the kiss. It verified that we were still okay. I locked my hands around her waist and moved my lips in sync with hers, I felt like I could kiss her smooth lips all day, and I wanted to. I didn't want to break our embrace.

*GRACIE'S POV*
Lexi had been acting a little strange, she'd jump whenever someone touched her, it was like she'd had too much caffine or was strung up on drugs. We hadn't had a proper sexual moment in at least two weeks and I know I shouldn't be thinking like that but I missed it, I missed the touching and the conversations we had after a romantic moment in my bed.

Across from me were Trinity, Quinn, Finley and Harley. I hadn't really spent much time with the others but Trinity had began hanging out with our group a lot more, sometimes she'd bring her girlfriend along so I'd talked to Finley a little bit but not much.

"Hey Gracie," Trinity shouted over the crowd of people huddled by the bonfire. Her hand in the air as she waved at me. She, and the others with her, walked in my direction. I fled from the crowd and met them by the edge of the lake.

"Hey," I greeted them with a smile.

"Is Lexi here?" Trinity asked, she looked over my shoulder at the crowd surrounding the bonfire, obviously trying to spot Lexi.

"She isn't coming until later, has to finish her short story," I exclaimed. I wished she was with me, although Charlie was there I felt a bit lonely. I just wanted to be able to hug her and kiss her by the hot air of the bonfire, and just be with her, in the moment.