41

*GRACIE'S POV*
I didn't know I was capable of knocking someone out, violence was never my thing. But when that man, Jimmy Oliver, was touching Lexi and spitting in her face I couldn't let him be in control any longer. He'd made all of our lives a living hell for months and it was finally going to stop.

I didn't want to mention in but I smelt the alcohol on Lexi's breath when she untied the restraints that were trapping me to the bed. It was my fault that she resorted to drink, I told her to leave, that she'd done enough damage and that she was an awful friend to Caleb. I didn't mean any of it though, I was just so scared that I was going to lose him. I wanted her to comfort me, for the two of us to hold each other tightly, but when she became distant it upset me.

As soon as we left the hospital room, we drove to the police station. We told them everything we knew, I didn't know much, but Lexi did. She mentioned that there were actually four doctors that have been dead for nine years. Lexi told an officer that the original doctors had graduated from Adamstown doctors academy in The US. I didn't question how she knew that but I was proud of her.

She must have spent hours researching, which made me feel guilty that I never listened to her.

Four men were pretending to be those doctors' but we only knew the identity of one of them, Jimmy Oliver. The other four men's identities were unknown but that didn't stop the police, Lexi had taken a picture of each of the men without their acknowledgment so it was easy to track them down. They immediately sent officers to the hospital to arrest the four criminals and bring them in to be questioned. The other three were still yet to be identified, a case had already started to be built against Jimmy Oliver.

We had to tell them about what happened just hours before. I was nervous to talk about it because I was so agitated when the man injected me with a drug that made me fall into a sleep of consciousness. Even though Lexi didn't know the exact details of what happened before she arrived earlier that day, I was so grateful she took over and tried to explain everything to the policeman.

"Officer Coombes please, he drugged us both," Lexi pleaded that something needed to be done.

They both looked at me to confirm. I nodded, "yeah, he used a needle,"

"Call me Nick, and don't worry, my men have got this," The officer said. He seemed too young to be a commanding officer but I can't judge everyone just because of the fake doctors.

"Thanks Nick," Lexi sighed.

"I know you've told us a lot already but because this is such an unusual case we are going to need you to start from the beginning," Nick said.

"No problem," She nodded.

"My brother...he was in an accident," I started, "he was taken into the hospital, but then he gradually got worse, he was in a coma and it wasn't looking good," My eyes teared up at the thought of all of the awful things that happened to Caleb.

"Are you sure they gave him the drug?" Nick asked us as he turned around.

"Yes," I said, Lexi glanced at me and smiled.

"Do you know what drug it was?"

"No," Lexi shook her head, "They obviously didn't tell us,"

Jimmy told us he'd drugged Caleb which made him have a seizure, but what if he was lying? He could have just been scared that we were finally figuring everything out and lied to cover it up. "What if there wasn't even a drug?" I had to say it.

"Oh shit man, they could have just said that to get us off their back," Lexi exclaimed, getting louder the more she thought about it, "Jesus my girlfriend is smart,"