12

*LEXI'S POV*
I ran to the edge carefully so I wouldn't topple over myself. Caleb stayed back, I think he was shocked that she actually did it. Shit! I couldn't fucking see her, she wasn't at the water level, she must have still been under. Fuck.

"Gracie?" I shouted out, trying to catch her attention, hoping that if she's heard me then she'd shout back a reply to let me know that she was okay.

"Shit man I didn't think she'd actually fucking do it." Caleb stammered, still not going any closer towards the edge, it was like he was afraid of it himself.

"You fucking idiot. I can't fucking see her." I was far beyond panicking at that point, all I could think was that something bad had happened to her.

"Where is she?" He could be so fucking stupid sometimes but it wasn't the right time to get mad at him. I wanted to save up all my anger until after we made sure Gracie was safe.

I decided not to answer him and shout for Gracie instead. "Gracie! Shit...Where the fuck are you? Gracie!" I bellowed again, getting louder each time.

"Look what you've fucking done man." When I turned around, Caleb was sat against a rock with his head slanted, being held up by his hands. He didn't even look bothered. I screamed at him, proper full on screamed that time, not holding back.

"It's not my fault." Of course he would say something like that. He was that typical guy, "What are we gonna do?"

"You fucking pressured her into doing this, so it kind of is your fault," He looked hurt but I didn't care. Gracie was probably drowning and he got offended when I gave him the blame. Fucking hell.

"I'm jumping in." My high tops slipped off easily enough. I chucked my phone onto the pile of Gracie's clothes.

"Lexi, you don't have to." He replied after a few seconds of me struggling to take my hoodie off over my head.

"Are you gonna go instead then?" I snapped at him once I'd managed to sort out my hoodie. It was all his fault and I wanted him to know that.

"I-I" I thought so.

I took one final look, yet I still couldn't see her. That was when I jumped. Fully clothed. Without a fucking hesitation. At that moment I knew wasn't scared of anything. I was fucking fearless. Falling down the cliff at full speed was fucking amazing. The thrill was so awesome, I couldn't even put it into words. I hit the water with a slam. As soon as I went under the pressure was insane, dragging me down, yet I fought it and swam up to the surface.

She was no where to be seen. Had she drowned? Hit her head? I couldn't fucking stop myself from coming up with multiple ways Gracie could've hurt herself. I didn't know what to do. All of a sudden I heard a muffled laugh. My first thought was Gracie. Was it her? I came to the conclusion that no one laughed. I still had a shit load of water in my ears. From left to right I looked for her. Going under water twice to look. Still no where.

"You fucking wanker." I shouted up at Caleb, even though he was no longer visible. But I knew he'd have been able to hear me, that was what mattered.

Maybe Gracie was somewhere you couldn't see from above. I swam to the rocks beside me as a wave hit against it causing splashes of water to gush everywhere.

"Please be here, please be okay," I whispered to myself. She better have been alright because if she wasn't then Caleb would have been sorry. If she was gone, I didn't know what I'd have done, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from- NO Lexi stop it.