40

*LEXI'S POV*
"Gracie, you have to listen to me," I was adamant I was correct, I had to be, there wasn't another explanation.

"Why?" She snapped, as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Because it's all true," I said, "trust me," although, I'd probably broken all of her trust by lying to her and betraying her for the previous few days.

"What? You seriously mean to tell me that the doctors here aren't actually doctors," She started, her tone pissed me off, she didn't believe me and nothing I did was going to change that, "that they are members of the mafia? That they put Caleb in a coma and are trying to take people out one by one?" Gracie had exaggerated what I'd tried to explain to her, "Why should I listen to that?"

"Not the mafia," I exclaimed, "but the rest of it," I nodded, "The rest of it is true,"

"Are you high again?" She questioned, looking at me intensely for the first time in days.

"No," I yelled, starting to get triggered that she didn't believe me, "fucking hell,"

"Lexi you and your shit is the reason we are here in the first place," I didn't make a comment on her use of a swear word, instead just ignored it, knowing that it would have just made the whole situation worse. But Gracie swearing...that meant everything was really fucked up. She didn't swear, not because she thought it was rude, or because she didn't like it, she just didn't swear. I didn't really know why, but it wasn't a bad thing. It was pretty awesome that she didn't feel the need to swear every minute. 

"Gracie it's fucking true, it all is, they aren't who they say they are," I had to persuade her, I just didn't know how.

"At least they're helping Caleb," She said, "what the hell are you doing Lex?" Her words hurt a great deal but I tried to pretend that they hadn't affected me in any way.

"That's the thing, they aren't helping, that's what I'm trying to tell you," I paused for a moment to breathe, "Caleb has got increasingly worse under their care,"

"Lexi just go home," She was adamant not to listen to anything I was saying even though I hadn't been more sure on anything, except when I knew I was gay.

"But Gracie-" I tried to tell her that nothing we believed was real.

"Just leave," She snapped.

I walked out of Caleb's room, sulking at the fact my girlfriend wouldn't listen to anything I had to say. Those people were guilty and I just had to find out who the fuck they actually were. And what their intentions were.

I started towards the lift, but then I decided to check out if my theory was actually true. The doctors were stood around the main desk so I stormed over to the four of them. I approached them from behind and coughed loudly to get their attention.

I didn't introduce myself but they already knew who I was, "I know you aren't who you say you are," I mentioned. The glare on my face was icy enough to keep an iced coffee cold forever.

I had spoken to three of them before, and each conversation was the same. Emotionless and annoying. The fourth doctor then began to speak, "What are you talking about kid?"

"You and your doctor friends," I spat, "You aren't doctors, you're criminals, you're insane,"

"Be careful what you say kid," It annoyed me when he called me 'kid' again, "You never know who's listening,"

"I know who you are," The truth was I didn't actually know who he was, but that was the point, all I knew was that he wasn't who he claimed to be.