13

*LEXI'S POV*
Tuesday. Wednesday. Thursday. Friday. The days went by like a blur. After the chaotic day on Monday I spent a few more hours on the beach. I decided that it was easier to go home on Tuesday morning and just say that I slept at a friends if I got questioned, rather than return home in the middle of the night. I didn't sleep, I just wandered. All night long.

I don't know what time it was but at a rather late hour I felt the need to go back to the caves Gracie had found. Instead of jumping in again, I just walked down the cliff to the bottom. Of course my stuff wasn't where I left it. I didn't once think that someone had taken it because I knew Gracie wouldn't have just left it there.

The tide of the sea was a lot higher than before but I managed to tackle the force of the water. As soon as I reached the entrance to the caves I felt like I could finally breathe again. I think that's where I spent the rest of the night. I couldn't exactly remember, I had a lot to drink that night and my head wasn't in the right place. Once my head had rested on the rocks that was it for me. I pretty much passed out after that.

I woke up the next morning a little damp and the waves were crashing against the rocks pretty hard. I'm surprised it didn't wake me before then. Due to the loss of my phone, jacket and every other item I'd left the night before, I hadn't got my house keys or any money. I couldn't even remember the way back into town.

I thought it was going to be fun walking home but I was fucking wrong. I mean at first it was boring and my feet fucking killed, then it was fun and then I got pissed off and it all fucked up. After that I was pissed at myself for forgetting something so fucking obvious and then I just couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, I was howling. After that I was constantly smiling. And I felt happy but then that happiness turned into sadness when I thought about her. And then all I could feel was annoyance. And all I could think about was HER.

The way it happened was that I struggled to escape the caves and get back to the top of the cliff. My body ached all over; my foot was covered in purple, blue, red and black bruises. My arms dropped down like they were too heavy to lift, especially the left one. My head killed, a mix of a hangover and just a migraine in general. I had a fucked up hand with the knuckles scabbing. I was a mess. However I managed to reach the beach with no trouble. Then my journey home began.

At first I followed the few road signs, walking along the sidewalk, not once limping, I don't like to show my weakness. There wasn't many people out in the street, I mean it could've been six o clock for all I knew. I made my way towards a middle-aged-looking man. I asked him for the time as well as a few directions to start me off. Of course I thanked him, I may have been a dick but I was polite and respect my elders nonetheless. It was only seven thirty so school hadn't started yet.

So I started my walk up the road, as roughly half an hour went by I passed a familiar looking shop. It was a small, old fashioned bookstore. The window of the shop was a dark burgundy colour with a black door. If it didn't have a 'sorry were closed' sign hanging, I would have entered.

I remembered passing that tiny bookstore in the car with Gracie. Then I remembered the fucking car. The car. I had a fucking car. That was the moment my mood completely changed from being a little pissed off to being completely fucking raged. Saying I was mad was an understatement.

I turned around and ran back the way I came. In those minutes I spent running, I felt alive as the wind hit me in the face. I knew I looked like a fucking wanker but I didn't care. I had my black jeans rolled up around the ankles, with no shoes or socks. My hair was a scraggly mess. In that moment I was thinking about how I missed my beanies. Not wearing one actually made me feel anxious. Those hats felt like a part of me I guess that's the reason why I wore them.