11

*LEXI'S POV*
We had been driving for at least twenty minutes and Gracie still hadn't said a single thing about where we were going. Even though I was confused I didn't question her. She wouldn't have lead me into danger, I trusted her.

"OK, stop here," I parked on the side of the road, in addition to checking for double yellow lines, which there weren't any of.

"Where are we?" Gracie still wouldn't budge, however a smile formed on her lips.

"Ugh, why won't you tell me?" I groaned, my impatience getting the best of me.

"You'll find out soon, just wait." Of course I groaned again, I didn't really like surprises.

We walked for a further ten minutes leading up to Gracie telling me to close my eyes just before we stopped finally. She used her hand to cover my eyes from any additional sight which wasn't needed but I liked that she wanted to touch me. Her touch was soft, like a baby, it almost made me squirm. I loved the contact we shared, her skin was electrifying but it was also intimidating. I wanted her to let go because I'd have soon been addicted to her touch. I didn't deserve that. I didn't deserve her.

She told me how Caleb was already here waiting for us so Caleb must have driven pretty quickly to get there before us. There were a bunch of other words before that but I couldn't concentrate on any of them. They just joined the rest of the words in my mind. I couldn't have strung them together to make a sentence if I tried. Just a fuck load of words messed up in my mind.

On the other hand, there was one thing I could focus on. One thing alone. Gracie. The way her hands felt on me. The tingles... butterflies I guess you could have called them, but that made it sound sappy and pathetic so I'll stick with tingles.

The way she made me feel was frightening, it was like she could control me with her touch alone, yet she was completely oblivious to what she was doing. I was almost nervous as we got closer to our destination. I had this gut feeling, knowing that soon her hands would have been gone. The contact would have been over. We probably wouldn't have had another moment like that again that day, so I should've savoured it.

"Okay, Open." She removed her hand from my face, automatically I felt the loss of contact. At first all I could see were gold flashes of light. When my eyes focused, the surroundings were clear. To the right, there was an icecream van, a burger van and a compact fish and chip shop. A bunch of rides to the left. From the sound of waves hitting against each other, the smell of fish and chips and the few seagulls flying around. I knew exactly where I was.

I turned one hundred and eighty degrees. Now I was facing the sea, the veiw was incredible. Almost everything was in sight, the cliffs up ahead stood strong and proud. I knew there was a beach around there somewhere but I didn't expect it to be that beautiful. Same with the girls around there I guess.

"Wow." Was all I could say, because I was genuinely at a loss for words.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Gracie whispered, enjoying the view as much as I was, even though that probably wasn't her second time ever going to a beach.

My mum had never taken me to the seaside. I'd been once in my whole life and that was with my dad, I was eight years old at the time. We made sure to stay as long as we could, doing every possible thing there was to do that didn't cost any money or as little money as possible. Back then we were pretty skint, the only reason we don't have any money issues now is because of Jackson. Dad had worked overtime for a month just so he could make that trip special for me. We went on the Ferris wheel and from what I can remember it was the best day of my life. We swam in the sea for hours, I did at least. After an hour, Dad had mentioned he had a bad back so I told him to rest, 'I'll be okay daddy, go and sit down, Lulu will look after you.' Lulu was my teddy bear, it was one of the only things my mum had actually bought me when I was growing up.