49

*GRACIE'S POV*
"I know something's going on with you," I watched her out of the corner of my eye as she was frantically speeding up her pace as she headed towards my car and I followed her, "I know you haven't been okay for a while now and I should have said something but-" I rambled on, trying to explain myself but I was cut off when she stopped walking and looked over at me.

"Can we just get out of here?" She asked so I nodded my head. We connected hands and she began to walk at a normal pace next to me, it didn't take long before we reached my car. I unlocked it quickly and she slipped into the passenger seat without a word. I jumped into my seat and started up the car. I buckled up and made sure she did the same. I glanced over at her but it lasted longer than a moment. She just looked so tired, her head rested against the seat and she stared forwards, looking out of the large windscreen. It's the worst I've ever seen her, don't get me wrong, she looks beautiful, she always looks beautiful, but the lost look in her eyes make everything else seem so dull.

"Where to?" I questioned, thinking me might say home or that she wanted to just go for a drive but neither of those were what she said.

"The beach," Lexi replied which caused my heart to jump out of my chest, she wanted to go to our place at the bottom of the cliff. "I just wanna be alone with you,"

For the rest of the drive, we sat in silence, my left hand rested in her right hand on her thigh. We didn't speak, we didn't need to. I parked up, closer to the cliff than usual and we held hands as we wandered over to the cliff, I didn't want to let go of her and she didn't either.

"You don't have to pretend with me," I mentioned, we hadn't reached the cliff yet but there was no one about so we could talk in private.

She didn't reply straight away but I didn't mind so we continued towards the cliff edge. Instead of jumping we walked down together, holding each other up so neither one of us would slip and fall. We reached the bottom and jumped onto the rocks at water level. Lexi jumped first, moving from one rock to the other, until she lost her footing and completely fell backwards into the water.

"Shit," She yelled, before collapsing back into the sea water, causing huge amounts of water to splash back up at me.

"Lexi, are you okay?" I asked after not being able to stop myself from laughing for a minute. It was seriously funny but I tried to stop laughing and help her up. I was glad that we left our phones in the car other wise they probably wouldn't have worked anymore.

"I'm alright," She said, then stood up in the water, it wasn't as deep as I remembered it being but the shore was probably not as close, "Gracie, can you help me up?" Lexi held up her hand for me to grab. I quickly took hold of her hand but before I could help her up, she pulled me towards her, causing me to fall in the water as well. This time she started to laugh as she watched me splutter. After a few seconds, I joined in and we were both howling.

It didn't take long for the water to get cold, I was shivering and absolutely freezing. Lexi was cold too, her lips had turned a shade of blue. We were both fully dressed and absolutely soaked so we headed back to my car. I had a blanket on the back seat so that was probably the best solution at the time.

Neither one of us had brought up the previous conversation, but it was still on both of our minds. It wasn't until we had reached the car and got the blanket that Lexi spoke again, "I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry," She explained as she looked at me. She seemed so nervous which was weird because she isn't normally so anxious. I handed her the blanket then locked up the car again, we weren't ready to head back home just yet.

We walked back onto the beach and sat on the wall which overlooked the whole seafront. The blanket was wrapped around both of us and we were sat as close to each other as we possibly could.