16

*LEXI'S POV*
I'd not been able to sleep recently so when I woke up that morning from three hours of sleep and a hangover, everything ached.

We were all still in the basement, Gracie and I lying across the couch, except I didn't have my hoodie on and I had no memory of taking it off. Shit. What if someone had seen them? I began to think that everyone knew? Fuck. I scanned around the room once more.

Blake and Charlie were spread out on the floor. Caleb was passed out on the pool table, on top of all of the balls. For him that was totally normal on a sober day.

Luckily they were all asleep when I woke up so I quietly roamed upstairs. I don't know who it was but last night someone spilled a fuck ton of vodka on me so my hair stank pretty bad.

I showered then changed back into my black sweats and sports bra because the only other change of clothes I had were the shorts I wore for the tryouts. The only hoodie I could find in Gracie's room that wasn't pink was a grey jack wills one. It was better than nothing so I slipped it on. I couldn't deal with people asking questions right then so it was best just to cover it up, all of it.

I went down into the kitchen to make some coffee for everyone because I was going to make myself some anyway, so I thought it would be a good start to curing the hangovers. Charlie was leaning against the table top with his head in his hands.

"Oh hey. I didn't know you were up," I said as I reached the bottom step. He turned around instantly. He obviously didn't hear me approach because I think I scared him.

"I've been up most of the night," He mumbled, his hand was over his mouth so I immediately thought he was trying to cover up the fact that he was crying, "Just waiting for the kettle to boil," I glanced at the kettle, he'd gotten the milk out of the fridge but he hadn't got as far as getting any mugs out.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked. I walked over to him and put my arm around his shoulders.

"Lexi it's Joey," Charlie blurted.

"Wait is he okay?" He nodded cautiously.

"He's fine but... but I'm not," He responded with a shaky breath. Charlie was never like this, he was always so full of life and overly cheerful. "I think he's going to break up with me," Charlie said, sniffling.

"Why?" I thought they were really close, like inseparable close?

"He's going to leave me." He cried, this time tears sprung from his eyes and leaked down his cheeks. I didn't know how to comfort him, but I wanted him to be okay.

"No he's not, he really likes you," When I said that his eyes shot up to my level with slight hope but then dropped straight back down.

"I think I like him more than he likes me," He mentioned. Oh fuck. I was seriously not good in situations like that.

"Well maybe he's scared things are moving too quickly?" I suggested, racking my brain for anything else to say that is slightly comforting.

"We've been dating for months now, that can't be it, besides he would've talked to me about it,"

"Just talk to him," The kettle boiled so I walked around the counter and took two mugs from the cupboard above, "I'm sure it's nothing," I sighed.