Four

I walk out the mall with bags in one hand and holding Chrissy in the other. "Why you so hardheaded?"

"Shut up talking to me Robert." He chuckles, "What I do this time bae?" He asks. "You hungry baby?" I ask Chrissy. "Yes." She says. I shut her door and walk over to my passenger side ignoring Robert. He gets in then looks over at me. "You gone drive or nah?"

"Man listen kill that attitude."

"Don't disrespect me like ever again Robert Simmons."

"Asia what did I do? I'm confused as hell!"

I smack my teeth, "So I'm blind now? Why that girl was all in yo face and you cheesing and shit with it."

"Man. Deadass that's why you mad about?" He asks looking like he rolled his eyes at me. "Do I look like
I'm happy about that Robert?"

"I wasn't even smiling at the girl I was laughing at her ass. She moved when she saw I wasn't giving her ass any play."

"Sure." I say rolling my eyes to the back of my head. "They gone get stuck with yo mad ass. Don't try me like a lame like that ever again Asia Evans. She ain't you."

"Whatever Robert."

"What you so moody for? You don't trip about shit unless it's that time of the month."

"Close your mouth."

"Give me some to put in it." I cut my eyes over at him and he laughs. "You so annoying."

"You so fine." He says then blows a kiss.

I laugh, "Shut up Robert." I roll my eyes not even mad anymore. "I already told you what to do." He grabs my hand and places a kiss on it. "Don't try and be sweet now."

"You sweet all the time."

"I can't stand you."

"Why you wanna do all that when ima tryna be lovey dovey with you? I love you girl."

"Uhm Mhm."

"You'on love me?"

"Not today."

"Guess I gotta feed you and then ask."

"You really do me and Nu hungry."

We walk inside the lil hole in the wall place. "What's up Paco?" Rock says. We order our usual then sit at the tables and wait. The bell chimes as the front door opens. I look up a few seconds later and see a man with a mask on standing behind Rock with a gun to his head.

"You move you getting..." He stops talking as we lock eyes. "Aye this shit ain't got none to do with my lady, this between me and you." Rock says breaking the silence.

I carefully slide my phone out my pocket and quickly find Dom name. "It ain't none personal G. I'm just doing my job." I freeze waiting to hear a sound of a gunshot. "Who sent you?" Rock asks. I glance down and see Dom has answered the phone. Chrissy begins to stir around. I watch the gunman as I lean over. "Bae just go to the car." Rock says. I glance back and Paco is standing in the back watching.

"Go. To. The. Car." Rock says. "Take her with you." He adds. I get up not wanting to leave. I wish Dom and Mon would get in here. "Did I say you could move?" The blanket falls from Christiana uncovering her. I glance down at her and back to Rock. "Let my daughter and my girl leave. They don't need to see this." Rock says calm as hell. The guy moves the gun from Rock's head but slams it across his head causing it to bleed instantly and runs out the door.

I grab my phone, "Dom."

"We almost there Asia get outta there."

"The guy is gone and Rock is bleeding."

"Get out of there like I said. We'll take care of Rock. Can either one of y'all describe the nigga?"

"No he had on a mask. We couldn't see nothing but his eyes and mouth."

"Alright."

"Bae... Robert... Man hurry up Dom. He's not responding."

I hear tires screeching and see Dom and Mon hop out.

"Take the keys, go to the house, and chill there." Dom says.

"Why I cant go the hospital?"

"Asia just do as I say man."

***

The next morning...

I wake up and reach for Chrissy but she's not there. I get up quickly and search through the house. Where the fuck is my child?

I hit Dom name, "What's up Asia?"

"Tell me Christiana is with y'all?"

"What? We ain't left the hospital. What the fuck you mean by that?"

"I can't find her, she's not here." I walk to the back door and see it's kicked in. "Oh my God, somebody took her!"

"Asia calm down search the house."

"Dom our back door looks kicked in." I say barely above a whisper. I slide down to the floor trying to hold myself together.

"I'm on the way!" I hang up and sit the phone beside me.

20 minutes later...

"Asia!" Dom finds me sitting on the floor balling my eyes out. Every second that's went by the unimaginable has been playing through my mind. What if this retaliation against Rock or my brothers? What if it's some shit against me? Why the fuck did my baby have to be involved.

"Asia, get up. Stop crying you know we on it. We won't sleep until she's found."

"Dom.. Why her?"

He sits beside me on the floor and embraces me. "It's gone be alright Asia. On my life we gone find her. If we got shoot up the whole city so be it but my niece coming home."

After crying until my head hurts I calm down a bit. "What they say bout Rock?"

"He was losing a lot of blood but they was able to stop the bleeding after trying everything last night and when I left they were bout to stitch him up."

"He awake?"

"Semi."

"Take me to see him."

"Get dressed."

After pulling myself together we prepare to head to the hospital. "Dom.."

"What's up?"

"Why y'all ain't killed Robert yet?"

"I tried several times actually. You so call love the lil nigga and I respect the fact he treats you and Christiana like the queens y'all are. We got the same hustle and I see me in him. If some ever happen I know y'all gone be straight and he gone make sure of that if it's the last thing he do."

"So why you wouldn't hear me out with Chris?"

"You was sneaking around with a nigga that was working for us. That nigga was in our face while fucking our lil sister. What you thought was gone happen Asia? Seriously?"

"So you had to kill him?"

"I didn't but I should've."

"What!"