27- Chris

It's the first Saturday morning where everything feels normal. As bad as I want to lay in bed with Asia, I got some errands to go run.

"Where you going?" Asia asks trying to roll over. "I got some errands with Jah to run. I should be back around 2 or 3."

"Alright." She mumbles falling back asleep. I get dressed quietly and head out the house. Hitting Jah name I place my phone in speaker as I pull out the driveway.

"What's up?"

"I'm bout to pull up. You ready?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"Alright be there in less than 10 minutes."

He better be ready too. Knowing him I'll still be sitting outside for five minutes. Man today is the day I go get the ring. It's time to make things official. On one hand it's a lil scary because I've never did this before. On the flip side, I know she's the one, been knew it since way back. I guess I let my pride and ego get in the way after all that shit with her brothers. The turn out of that shit still worked out. I got the girl, my daughter and son, their shit and mine. The products are in the area and thriving. We keep a low radar and shit is all good.

I pull up and just as I suspected he ain't out here. I cut the car off and get out. As I was about to open the gate, someone bumps into me. "My bad... Ohh." I look up and see a girl. "It's straight." I say going back to lifting the handle up.

"You don't remember me?" She asks. I look back at her face for a second. "Nah."

"Alisha?" She says. I glance back again and I'll be damned. "It is you, Asia old friend, right?"

"Yeah. I thought you were well you know?"

"Nope. Still alive and breathing."

"I know she'll be happy."

"She is. I gotta go though. It was cool seeing you." I respond. I'm keeping this shit short. I don't know what's the status of that is and Asia ain't said shit bout her.

"What's up nigga?" Jah says opening his door before I could make it to the porch. "Nigga I said ten minutes not 15."

"My fault bruh. What we getting into? I'm hungry as fuck." We walk to the car and get inside. "I could go for food and I'm about to drop the question."

"What question?" Jah asks turn his body towards me. "You saying what I think?" He adds with a smirk. "Yeah, it's time."

"Aw shit!... you ready?"

"Been ready." I say confidently.

We chop it up as we head to the jeweler. I met my jeweler when I was out in Miami, through August. That nigga always had the hookup on shit. Manny has the perfect jewels to ice my baby out.

I sighed heavily looking around the room. My right leg bounced, I was ready for this. I haven't been sure of anything else. Still, it's nerve racking. I'm still on edge and I just want everything to go right. I even have on this ridiculous ass suit.

"Whats all of this?" Asia asks coming thorough the door. "Just something special so we can celebrate." I say getting up. The box hid safely in the left pocket. "What are we celebrating?"

"Us. We met this day years ago. Right out at States Park." She smiles, "Really Chris?... I didn't think you would keep up with things like that."

"I do baby girl. Come sit down." I pull the chair out for her. "Thank you."

The chef walks inside the dinning room bringing our plates for our first course. "Oh you went fancy, fancy." Asia exclaims. "Of course." I'm really about to ask her to be with me for the rest of her life. This shit is really about to happen. I look over at her beautiful ass face. I know I can my whole future in her eyes but yet I'm nervous as hell.

"So I went to the doctor after feeling like it was contractions... they weren't. It was just hicks or something like-"

"Marry me." I blurt out.

"What?" She asks looking like she lost her train of thought. I could kick myself in the shin. "Nothing." My heart drops to the pit of my stomach. I honestly feel like I have to throw up.

"Chris."

"Asia."

"Did you ask me to marry you?" She asks. "Nope."

She smiles, "Yeah you did and yes I will."

"No don't answer yet." I say with a pout. "I was supposed to ask the right way."

"So pretend like that didn't just happen?" Ash asks laughing. "Exactly."

"Cool." She says causing me to laugh. "This why I love you man."

"I love you too Christopher."

We start talking about her visit to the hospital, our daughter, and how far we've came. Shit is so unreal sometimes.

***

"Baby shit went left but here we are. It's nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you. If I had to lay my life down on the line for you, I'd do that a million times. I know things have been rough but it's no one I would rather go through hell and back with. Make my life complete by marrying me." I ask on one knee.

"Yes baby." I place the ring on her finger. As soon as I stand up my phone rings. "Go ahead." Asia says. I grab it and it's Jah. "This better be important." I say answering.

"That nigga Jerm got to go. Tonight."

"What the fuck happen?"

"Man meet me at the spot. You gotta hear this shit for yourself. He talking to somebody and he got to dealt with."