21

Chris

I walk inside the house and it's a peaceful quiet all around the house. I go to walk into the kitchen and see Asia sleeping.

"Baby girl." I lightly shake her. "What?" She mumbles. "Go to the room and lay down."

"I'm waiting on a call." She continues to mumble.

I chuckle, "Okay but you don't need to sleeping on this sofa."

"I'm waiting on a call, let me be."

"A call from who? Dom?"

"No. Rock'-" Her eyes open and she looks at me. "Rock who?" I ask with a mug on my face. It damn sure ain't that nigga. "Um.. his father."

My adrenaline is beginning to pump. What the hell? "Why?" I ask now sitting beside her trying to keep my composure. She gone think I'm trippin if I show I'm upset about this. But what business does she have to even associating with that nigga people. How the hell she even know who his folks are? Last I checked his mama and sister still stay on that side and his daddy was upstate. "Why Asia?" I ask again.

"Well-..."

"Well What man? What reason you got for that?"

"It's my therapist Chris. He was telling me some things to help me open up and I put the pieces together."

"And you thought he should know what? I don't understand." Still what's the point of her telling the nigga. "I just thought he should know. It didn't feel right."

"Like you told my mama about Chrissy huh?" The words left my mouth before I process my next thought. "That's why I did it. I didn't want to be like that again." She says. The more this conversation progresses the more this shit us rubbing me the wrong way.

"That's different, he's really dead. So what he gone do step up and be grandfather of the year? That nigga ain't needed, lil man got everything he need."

"What you getting mad for? I thought you would've been happy."

"Happy about what? Hell nah I ain't happy with this shit. What you need from him? I don't see why you reached out in the first place." I explain throwing my hands up.

"What you so mad for. Rock never acted like this." My heart beats triple times faster. I know she ain't just say that shit. I feel my vein beginning to throb. Just chill. I grab my keys.

"Chris where are you going?"

"Out. You tripping hard as hell. Ima leave before some shit is said. Don't ever compare me to that nigga, again." I walk out the door with her calling my name but fuck it man. I can't believe this shit.

I drive around the city, check in with all my boys and see how the work is moving. I'm happy as hell this shit is flowing smooth as hell man.

I hit Jah name and it rings through. He picks up just as I was about to hang up. "Yo..."

"Where you at?"

"The crib."

"I'm about to come through."

"Alright, Bet."

***

"I don't where this stupid shit is coming from. She tripping hard as hell and thinks I'm supposed to be cool with that shit."

"So you mad cuz she doing what she should've did the first time with yo folks."

"I ain't just that nigga. She don't have a need to let him know shit."

"So its a providing issue..."

"Bruh."

Ja laughs, "Nigga you on my sofa smoking weed. I'm just trying to figure this shit out all the way... You offended she told the nigga. Maybe she just wanted him to know."

"For what though?"

"A therapy topic." He laughs his ass off. I cut my eyes at him. "You thought shit was gone go back to how it was before and it ain't. She a grown ass women with two kids now. One that's yours. You might've eliminated everybody around her but that doesn't mean she's all yours. Part of her still has an obligation to that lil one she carrying."

"It's a boy."

Jah mouth drops open, "Damn..... I see why this shit hard for you."

"Now you feel me."

"Shit... even in that bruh it's like she purposely doing shit."

"That's tough man. You still got look at shit her way. She ain't got nobody but you and baby girl and the lil one on the way. She had everyone except you when shit went down the first time with you."

"So it's my fault... is what you saying?"

"Not completely. All I'm saying is you hold some responsibility for her environment now."

"You keep reminding me of that shit. Thanks Jah."

"I gotta keep it 100 bruh. That's the problem. Unless you get her out of this environment. This shit gone be the same."

As bad as I don't want to admit it, he's right. I need to figure out our next move. It can't be too far I still got shit to handle. "It's too soon man. We just basically started up."

"Nigga that shit can run itself."

"Hell nah." I inject. My phone rings. "That's Asia?"

"No the connect.... What's up?" I answer. "We need to meet."

"About?"

"Our deal going. I may have something better." He says. "We straight right now and won't need to re-up anytime soon but let's set it up. Where you at?"

"Down in Florida."

"Alright. Me and Jah can be there next weekend."

"Come this weekend. Make it a family trip. Bring my daughter."