16

Asia 

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS SHIT MEAN?!?" I lean up trying to figure out who and what the hell all the commotion is about. I get up and open my door, "Where did that come from Dominique?" Crystal asks. "Answer my fucking question! Who the fuck is this?"

"You trippin' Dom. I'm out." Crystal says. "Like hell you are. You got me fucked up. Sit yo ass down and let me know who the fuck this nigga is."

I roll my eyes, shaking my head, and shut my door. I notice my phone lightening up against the dresser.

Chris: You up?

I bit down on my bottom lip contemplating if I'm going to text him back or not. I don't even want to see his face right now. Embarrassed is a fucking understatement. Yet I still feel the need to see what he wants.

To Chris: Yea, what's up?:

Chris: Can we take a ride?:

To Chris: Chrissy is sleeping. I don't want to drag her out this late.:

Chris: Just me and you... we need to talk...:

What are we talking about? I get up and peek inside Mon's room. He turns around from the game he's playing to me. "Can you keep an eye on Chrissy while I run to the store?" I ask. "Whatever. What the hell they arguing bout?"

"I don't know. Don't want to either."

He shakes his head. I shut the door and go back into my room.

To Chris: Pull up

I quickly change into some shorts and a tank.

A few minutes pass by and I sit on the steps. I see Chris car coming down the street.

"What's up?" He says as soon as I sit down. "Hey." I say buckling up. "You been smoking?" I ask smelling the after aroma of weed. "Maybe." He says pulling off.

"Where we going?"

"For a ride, that's cool with you?" I glare over at him and his smart ass tone. He looks over at me and breaks into a smile. "I said what I said." He says.

"And?..."

"You trust me right?"

I roll my eyes, "Are you taking advantage of what I said the other day?" I ask.  "I would never do that."

"I can't tell with that question. Why are we even here right now?"

"Why you becoming defensive Asia? I just want to talk."

"About what? You ain't have nothing to say the other night. What could you possibly say now." I tried to play everything cool but it really bothers me that his reaction was so damn surprised. I wasn't expecting him to say shit back although part of me wished he did.

My phone rings and it's Mon. "What's up?"

"Get back here now!" Mon yells into the phone. "What's going on?"

"It's Dom." The lone goes dead. "Take me home! Fast!"

"What's going on?" Chris asks. "Don't worry about it, just get me home!" I don't have a good feeling about this. I don't know what Dominique has done but I just hope it wasn't nothing stupid.

We get to the top of my street and I see lights flashing. "Dom." I mumble gathering my stuff so I can get up. "What the hell?" Chris says. It's hella cars out here. Who the fuck are all these people.

I rush inside to find my brothers handcuffed on the ground with Crystal standing over them. "What is this?!"

Dom looks up at me with fire in his eyes. He's mad, beyond mad. "Asia you're a nice girl. I don't want to involve you in any of this. Just go get your baby girl and stay somewhere else for the rest of the week this is an official crime scene." Crystal says. My heart started beating triple times and my mouth becomes dry, "A crime scene for what?"

"She's a fucking narc Asia." Mon says.

"What?" The door opens and DJ walks inside. "What's going on?" He asks walking up to me. "Him too." Crystal says. Suddenly cops come flooding in as they try to handcuff DJ.

"Damn Crystal, I was right about you! I knew you were a fucking snake."

"Go get your little girl and leave. This doesn't concern you." Crystal says.

"Asia let's go." Chris says with Christianna in his arms still sleeping and oblivious to this bullshit going on.

"Dom call me and let me know something." He doesn't say anything as I walk out the door. I can't even believe this shit.

***

"Eat something Asia."

I slide the plate over and prop my feet back up. I don't have an appetite, I haven't heard anything from my brothers and I just don't know what to do.

Chris was so gracious enough to open up his spot to us while they process the house. I just can't believe this shit.

"Asia..." I glance over at Chris with glossy eyes, "What Chris?"

"It's gone be straight."

"How you know?"

"It'll be alright."

"Nah it doesn't seem the way. First my daughter was taken from me to my mama then Rock and now my brothers. Is it me? Like is this some unknown karma? What did I do to deserve this shit?" I let my tears fall.

Chris pulls me into his arms allowing him self to be my shoulder to cry on. "I'm sorry about all of that Asia but it's going to be okay. You got Chrissy back and everyone else may be gone but you got her and me...."

"Chris you don't even have to include yourself in this just because you think it's what I want to hear. You wasn't wrong to make a life of your own after what happened. I fucked up and I should've said something and gave you a choice. It's fine I swear it is. The day you left I lost everything and then I found out I was pregnant. My brother was so happy I was got accepted into school. He threw this big ass party because he thought his little sister was going to go out into the world and get away from all this shit. I told him and the entire fucking city I was pregnant. Maybe I should've left then. Maybe I should've just had a baby and did school or maybe I should aborted her. I've never had anything good not get taken away from me. I'm tired of this shit, this life, no one is who the fuck they say they are... We'll go before something else happens to you." I get up and start searching for our things.

I need to get out here, out of this city, out of this state, out of this fucking country. "Asia."

"No Chris." I say grabbing Chrissy's bag. "Asia put that shit down."

I continue to grab her clothes and put them inside the bag. He grabs it. "Stop Asia. You ain't going nowhere."

"We'll be out of your hair once I'm done. I promise."

"Stop and look at me!" He grabs my arm pulling me up. "You ain't taken her, you ain't going anywhere. The both of you are staying here. Ain't nothing happening to any one of us."

"You can't guarantee that Chris now move."

"No. I lost you once I'm not losing you again."

"You don't even care about me Chris. If Christianna wasn't in the picture this wouldn't even be happening right now!"

"I do care! Way too fucking much even after you fucked me over Asia!  No matter how hard I put up a charade like I don't give a fuck about you. I'm supposed to be mad, I'm supposed to with a fuck You attitude because I lost everything too! I killed my own fucking brother. My mother goes to a fucking empty ass grave every year on the alleged anniversary of my death. You ain't the only one who lost shit Asia. The only thing that's still standing is you and that little girl in there. I'm not letting you or her go."

"You're the only thing still standing for us too and that's exactly why we're leaving before it's nothing." I walk away from him and throw the bag over my shoulder. I go down the hall with him right behind me. "Asia don't leave."

I shake my head wiping the tears that escaped. I pick up Christianna. "I'll call you."

"Asia..." ignoring his pleas of us to stay and him calling my name, I walk out the door and straight to my car. After buckling Chrissy in I get in and crank the car up.