7

"What's up Asia?" I nod my head Hey and continue to move through the crowd. I'm still grasping the fact that my cousin is gone. It's just so crazy how everything is happening at once.

We can't even give her a proper goodbye because of the severity of the hit. She didn't even look like herself so here we are at her memorial.

I sit down and look around, beginning to feel like the walls are caving in. I don't even know these people any one of them could be the one who took her out. They don't even know if her getting killed is connected to this shit or if it was just her being at the wrong at the wrong time. What if one of these people is with Monte? What if some shit pops off? What did I do to deserve this?

"Asia.." Looking away from the wall I was staring at I look up at Rock. "Let's get outta here." I stare at him and begin to zone out again until he grabs my hand. I'm all over the place right now. This ain't a good environment for me to be in. Without saying a word we walk to the car.

"Dom was talking to some people and it turns out none of this is connected. She was making a house call to fix some girl hair. By the time she got done with the girl it was pretty late and she was on the Southside. She was walking to her car and some niggas come up and blasted her." Rock says breaking the silence as we merge onto the highway. "I know this shit don't make it any easier to deal with on top of Chrissy."

We pull up to our place. As Rock unlocks the door I begin to hear laughing and that annoying toy Christianna loves so much. We both rush inside and it's her! "Chrissy!"

The click of a gun catches my attention from seeing about my daughter. Looking up I can't believe my eyes. "Asia." Standing before me is the man that I once adored but a bit older looking. "Chris?"

He notions up towards Rock. "Baby put the gun down. Take Chrissy upstairs." I say.

"You out yo mind if you think I'm bout to leave you here with him."

"Bae I can handle this." I assure him. I kiss Chrissy's head and hands her to Rock. Rock stand there contemplating whether to leave or not. He finally walks towards the stairs and my attention averts back to Chris.

"Cute kid." He says nonchalantly.

"What the fuck Christopher!"

"Listen I ain't have shit to do with them taking her."

"It's just a coincidence..?! Why are you even here? Why come back now?"

"The more important matter is I brought her back."

"How do you even know this is where I live?"

"It ain't that hard to figure out. What you doing with that nigga anyway?"

"Do you think this shit is joke?" I ask really confused as to how he thinks he can question me on shit when he ain't explained why the fuck he's here and how he ended up with our daughter.

"No ones laughing." My eyes feel as though they're about to pop out my head. "Christopher Maurice Brown explain this shit or I'm calling Rock back in here." He laughs.

"Ain't nobody scared of that nigga and his empty ass threats. The least you could do is say thank you for bringing your daughter back."

"Fuck You."

"You did that multiple times. You know I thought this would play out differently but ima go and you're welcome for being back the kid. Have a nice life Asia."

My mouth drops as this nigga walks out the door. How can he act like that? What the fuck? He so boldly leaves out the door like that. As crazy as this shit is for some reason I feel like he wasn't involved.

After gathering myself from whatever that was I walk up stairs. "Christianna."

"What he have to do with her coming up?" Rock asks immediately. "I'm still wrapping my head around that Baby. I don't think he had anything to do with it."

"How you know?"

"Who would wait around and potentially get they head blown off? I'm just so glad you're here Christianna. Are you okay?"

"Yes." She says in soft voice. "Aw. Did you talk to my brothers?" I ask looking up at Rock. "Nah not yet."

"I'll do it." I grab my phone and hit Dom name. "What's up Asia?"

"Christianna is here."

"What! How?"

"Chris brought her back."

"That nigga had something to do with shit?!?" Dom screams into the phone. "I don't think so."

"Here we go with shit."

I'm taken back by his comment, "That means what exactly?" I ask. "None Asia. I'm about to pull up."

Christianna didn't appear to have any scratches or bruises, she just looked as if she'd been playing in sand the whole time. I give her a bath and change into some fresh clothes. She doesn't seems to be acting any different but I'm going to keep my eye on her.

I hear a door close, peeking out the window I see it's the whole crew. Dom, Mon, Crystal, DJ, and Tyler approach our door. "Rock can you get that?"

"Yeah, bae."

"You ready to see your uncles?" I ask Chrissy. "Yes!" She screams smiling. "Go get them." She runs to door as Rock opens it.

———

"So what happen?" Dom asks.

"We walked in from the memorial and they were here."

"Just here chilling? Like ain't shit going on?" Mon asks. "Yeah. I had some waiting for his ass too." Rock says.

"Nigga you couldn't have did shit if he walked up out of here." Mon says.

"There was no reason for all that." I interject. "Asia really?" Mon asks. "Really What?" I ask. I don't like the way they keep saying lil slick shit. "Same shit I said." Dom says.

"What y'all ain't about to do is gang up on my girl like that." Crystal says. "You can really go find you some to do." Mon says.

"It's just a huge ass coincidence he the way that brings her back. I don't trust that and I don't like how you just get all hearted eyed and shit assuming he ain't have nothing to do with it."

"Dom." Crystal says. "Who says it's even like that? Speak on what you know Dominique because that's not the case. Who waits around for someone to get back? He could've just left her here and went on about his day. That's the only point I'm making." I respond then look over at Rock.

I know this isn't sitting well with him and my brothers ain't make shit any better. "So I guess them niggas that was shooting at us was just playing laser tag too."

"Y'all said it was Monte doing behind all that shit, nothing bout Chris."

"Asia the two are fucking connected. How blind can you be?" Mon says. I roll my eyes, "WHATEVER. My daughter is home and I'm good. Y'all debate this shit all night if you want to, we're going to bed."