11

In a straight line, shackled in chains they walk in. I hate seeing them like this but hopefully they coming home today. Crystal was for sure sold on them getting out until the lawyer, Mr. Dalton, called. He said something bout some extra charges would be brought out, but he was going to do his best to not let it interfere with them coming home.

"Case number 708971, against Evans and Simmons," The bailiff announces. "What are the charges being brought by the state?"

"Your honor we have 3 counts of assault and upon investing the incident we were made aware that the defendants have ties with drugs. We received a tip from our hotline, detectives followed up with that tip, and the house in their possession was raided. Officers found 36.7 pounds of weed with scales and dime bags. We spoke with Mr. Dalton and neither of his clients that confessed to the drugs."

Mr. Dalton stands up immediately, "I object your honor! My clients were brought in for an alleged assault charge which was in self defense so we plea not guilty to that. No other charges than the ones mentioned were heard of until now. They spoke to me about potential charges but never disclosed anything concrete. Unless the prosecutor is ready to charge my clients and present a warrant for their search, that is null and void."

"We have both." He passes a paper to Mr. Dalton and to the bailiff for the judge. They all take a second to read over it. "Well... the first matter here is the assault charge. Since Mr. Dalton has already expressed that his clients are doing a not guilty plea. Mr. Johnson what do you have to say about that?"

"We request no bond your honor. Each defendant has an extensive wrap sheet. They have no significant lies to the community. They could be a potential flight risk and this could lead to tampering with evidence regrading the next matter."

"I can't argue with that one, Mr. Dalton your thoughts?" I don't like this judge and his sarcastic tone. "Your honor-"

The doors bust open and another lawyer rushes over to the prosecutor. "Your honor may we request a brief recess." He asks. "On what grounds?"

"We have some evidence that may be related to the case presented before us regarding Mr. Simmons real reason for assaulting her sisters boyfriend Timothy Smith."

"What reason may that be?" Mr. Dalton mumbles turning to Rock. "I don't know." Rock says then glances back at me.

"5 minutes Mr. Roder." The judge says slamming down his gavel. They take the boys out the courtroom. Me and Crystal walk up closer to the prosecution table. "What does this mean?" I ask.

"It's not looking good." Mr. Dalton says. "Is it anything you could think of as to why Rock would approach him in the first place?" He asks. I stand there and think but nothing is coming to my mind besides Lacy. "His little sister is pregnant by Tim. That's the only thing I can think of."

"Hm. We'll just have to wait and see because none of this is going right."

We go and sit back down and wait for these few lil minutes to go by so this can start back up again. "Bring in the defendants in."

Mr. Dalton is passed a sheet of paper and his expression looks deadly. I mentally prepare myself for something crazy to happen. What the fuck did Rock do. I'm scared but slightly irritated as hell.

"Your honor we have documentation and video linking the defendant, Robert Simmons, in an on-going homicide investigation of Tania Rochelle Evans."

"What!" I yell louder than I intended too. "Order!.... now how does this relate to the current matter?"

"Timothy Smith was the one who recorded it."

I look up at Mon and Dom. The only thing saving Rock is them chained up. "Can we remove this evidence your. After all Timothy Evans is locked up as well. This could fabricated and his way of helping himself out."

"I've heard a lot and based on all that has been presented I am granting 500,000 bail for both of the Mr. Evans. Mr. Simmons however is denied bail. As soon as your bail is posted you may be free to go. Mr. Simmons you will be held at the county jail pending a trial date. Court is adjourned."

Crystal and I get up and head out the courthouse. "I can drop you off if you want to me too." Crystal says as we walk down the steps. "Nah it's cool. Can we go get Chrissy first before heading over to the bail bondsman."

"Yeah, sure."

I can't believe this.... and I can't help but to think he's being set up. He would've been tried to killed
Tim if that was the case. This doesn't make sense.

I walk inside the house and the smell of food hits my nose.

"She just got done eating " Rock Mama says. "Thank you Ms. Simmons."

"How did court go?"

"It doesn't look like Rock will be getting out anytime soon."

"What? Why?"

"They tryna put a murder on him."

"Oh my word."

"Yeah. We'll see you later though."

———

We picked up Dom and Mon and head to the house. As we ate dinner we sat there in silence mostly. We were all thinking the same things about if Rock really did it or not. Tania has been missing for some time now. We just assumed she was searching for her latest high where ever that look her.

"When we noticed she was missing?" Mon says breaking the silence. "Shit way before Asia announced she was pregnant with Chrissy."

"We was beefing with that nigga then."

"But why would it come out now all of a sudden?" I ask.

"Maybe Tim was gone talk." Mon says. "He could be getting setup but who's against him?"

"Who aint. That nigga ain't got no fans but Asia ass."

"Don't put me in this. I'm still sorting out how I feel right now."

The idea crosses my mind but I don't think he would.... I walk away from the table and head upstairs go my room. I grab my phone and hit his name.

"Now you decide to call."

"Can we meet up?"