8

"Bae."

I walk into our room after falling asleep with Chrissy last night. Most nights I sleep in her room with her wrapped in my arms. Rock hasn't complained about it or said much of anything. He's been acting a bit off lately and I have a feeling how Chrissy got back is the reason.

"What's up?" He mumbles. "I'm going to take Chrissy shopping. Do you want to come with us?"

"Nah."

"Okay.... are you okay?" I ask. "I'm straight." He responds looking at me from his phone. "What you got planned to do today?"

"Visit a few houses to collect my cash and deliver some work to a connect."

"Oh okay," I peck his lips, "I love you, Robert."

"I love you, Asia."

"Can we do dinner tonight?"

"Sure." He says grabbing his keys. He kisses my lips once more then leaves out the door. I get myself dressed and ready to go and then go do the same with Chrissy.

"Nu I missed you so much!" She looks at me and giggles. "Someone's Birthday is coming up soon. We have to start getting your stuff together."

"Party." She says with her eyes widening. "Yup your birthday party will be next month."

We walk out the door and to my surprise DJ is pulling up. "What's up?" I say locking the house up. "What y'all getting into?"

"About to go shopping. What you doing here?"

"I'm on bodyguard duty."

I roll my eyes, "Seriously? Dom does the absolute most."

"He got word that whoever he was talking to at Rasheda memory was lying- everything is connected and he feels like ya boy had some to do with it."

"Man." I don't have time for Dom paranoia. "You riding with me? Or I'm riding with you?" DJ asks. "You can follow me."

"Alright cool."

We head up to the mall and proceed inside. We go to a couple of store and our bags pile up. I really can't believe Dom has DJ basically following me around. He must know Rock is on the block together.

I walk into another store. "Damn Asia. I thought we were finish." DJ says. "No we haven't been inside half the stores in the mall." Since he's security for the day he became something useful for me and Chrissy, a bag boy. "Alright so I'm about to run to the house and put all this inside. My arms hurt." I laugh handing him my key. "See you when you come back."

I continue to browse through the racks until I bump into something. "Sorry about that." I mumble without looking up. "It's Asia right?" I look up and see Tyra. "Yeah, Hey. Your hair still looks amazing."

"Girl when I tell you everybody has been asking me where I got this from. This shit is old as hell now but still looks like I got it done yesterday."

"Right. I have some cards with all my information on it. Tee has been trying to call me but my life has been a bit busy lately."

"Thanks. I will definitely be passing them around."

"Baby." We both look... Chris. I purse my lips together. "Well it was good to see you again Tyra. You know where to find me if you want more hair."

"I will definitely be hitting you up. She's so cute." She says looking at Christianna. I was about to grab her hand until she runs to Chris.

"Aw bae. She likes you."

He picks her up, "Yeah, she does."

I reach for her but she doesn't budge. "Christianna." Chris looks at me and back at Chrissy. I think he's figured it out.

She reaches for me. I grab her and place her back to my hip. "It was good to see you again. I'll be in touch." Tyra says. "I look forward to it." I walk to the other side of the store and see DJ looking for us.

"Here, we need to talk and you know exactly why." Chris says handing me my card and walking off. I glance the backside of it and see a number.

DJ finally spots us and comes over. "Good you ain't found nothing. How Rock deal with this?"

"He just does."

We finish up and I head back to the house. As I'm pulling in Rock is walks out with a familiar face. "What's up Baby." He greets me appearing to be in a better mood. "Hey, who's this?"

He knows I don't like people at our house. "This Sean. Where y'all coming from?"

"I told you we were going shopping."

"That's right. I hope you got some for me." I smirk at him, still trying to figure out why this Sean guy looks familiar.

"Do you go by something else?" I ask Sean. "Nah I can't say I do."

"You look so familiar."

DJ grabs the bags and takes them inside. "We got business to handle. I'll see y'all later." Rock says kissing me then Chrissy.

"DJ you staying over here?"

"You going anywhere else?" He asks. "I don't plan too."

He grabs his keys, "Asia don't make this hard for either of us and CALL me before you go anywhere."

"I got you."

"I'm serious."

"I am too." I say laughing. "Asia."

"Alright I'll call you."

———

I finish dinner, seeing Rock won't be home in time for us to go out, and hear a knock on the door. "Coming." I open the door expecting to see DJ but it's Chris. "What are you doing here?"

"Why you ain't call me?"

"I've been busy. It's bold of you to just show up at my door."

Christianna runs to the door. "Mama." She says hitting my hip.

I look back to Chris. "I have a daughter to feed."

"You have a lot to do like explaining." He says crossing his arms. I'm really not feeling his tone nor his body language.

"Not here and not now."

"Asia." He says sternly. "Christopher." I respond back in the same tone.

"Fine. Meet me at my old spot. Tomorrow at 7."