13

Chris

"Ra wake up." I say lightly shaking her. I feel a lil bad about not spending time with her annoying ass during her last few days here. On the other hand I'm happy as hell shes leaving.

"What." She mumbles rolling over. "Your flight leave in an hour." I say getting up. "Man." She gets up and leans against the headboard. "I don't wanna go." She says looking over at me. "I know." I say trying not to show my excitement. It's a bad look I know but doing what I'm doing and trying to make sure she's good is a lot of work.

"Oh well. Oh one of your friends came by."

"Who?" I question with an brow raised. "I forgot his name. Damn it, I knew I should've wrote it down."

"Describe him."

"Tall, dark, Real serious looking."

I sit there and think on that. It doesn't sound like anybody I know. "What did he say?"

"Just that he was looking for you."

"Oh alright."

After seeing her off I head to the store. I rack up on a few things and then contemplate my next move. I hit Asia's name.

"Yeah?" She answers sounding calm, no attitude or any aggressiveness. "Where you at?"

"My brother's place. Why?"

"Can you meet me?"

"Why you just don't come here?"

I chuckle, "Because the last time I saw your brothers they almost killed me."

"Well I can't drive right now so unless you wanna meet up later then you'll have to come here."

"Can I come pick you and my daughter up? Maybe we go grab a bite to eat."

"I guess that's fine. She's out with my brothers right now but she be back within the next 10 minutes or so."

"Alright. I'll head that way."

"Okay." She says then we hang up. She's either high, drunk, or maybe she really meant what she said.

I pull up the house and wait for Asia to come outside. I sit here casually and watch as people walk by. One girl walks by the house staring hard as hell. She looks familiar but I can't place who she is.

"You gone unlock the door?" I look over and see Asia. I hit the unlock button. I glance over at the house and see her brothers outside watching.

I open the door. Asia stops what she's doing and watches me. I walk up to her brothers. "Dom, Mon..."

"What the fuck you want?"

"Just to let bygones be bygones."

Dom chuckles, "It ain't that deep. If we wanted you dead you would've been that day."

"Alright. I get that." I say. "You step to us again like that and you gone know some." Mon says. I hold myself back from laughing. This lil nigga don't run shit. Dom the brain behind the operation, Mon tryna run behind his big brother. "Thought it wasn't that deep? I'm just letting you know my intentions this time since I couldn't last time. I didn't know she was your sister back then. That's neither here nor there. We got a lil girl and I'm going to do right by her."

"Good because if either one of them comes back with a single scratch I got some with yo name on it." Dom says. "I'll protect them to the best of my abilities."

I walk back to my car.. "What was that?" Asia asks. "Just letting them know what's up."

"Which is what?"