22

Asia

"Ion know about that. Chrissy just started school with yo mama." I say keeping the conversation short with Christopher. I'm still mad he left the other night and is just getting home. "We all need a trip. It's already settled. We leave on Friday."

"So I don't have a say in shit, huh?"

"Not this."

"So where you was at?"

"I told you out when I left."

"That's how you playing it? Cool." I roll my eyes. He's annoying me so bad right now. I don't even know what he was mad for in the first place. It's not like shit is going to change. That man don't want shit to do with me now. I probably should've just kept my mouth shut but oh well.

"I'm about to go grab some to eat. You coming?" He asks. "No." I answer quickly. "When you ate last?"

"Don't worry about it." I can play the game too. "Asia."

"You ain't my nigga so don't worry about it." I say. He laughs. "Say less baby girl. I could say the same with you questioning me where I been."

"You probably was with some hoe. It ain't my concern. Do you."

He goes to say something but doesn't instead he grabs his keys and heads back out the door. I roll my eyes and sit down on the sofa. I stare down at my stomach.

"Baby boy I promise ima do right by you, even if I have to do this shit by myself......... Who am I kidding."

My phone rings and it's a call from Dom. I  accept the charges and wait to hear his voice. "Asia."

"Hey Dom."

"Why you sound so sad? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. This pregnancy has my emotional ass switching up every ten seconds."

"Oh. I thought Chris did some. He was about to get seen about."

I laugh, "You can't do shit behind prison walls. You still think you can check somebody."

"I got my ways. Anybody can get seen about on sight."

"I miss you." I begin to tear up. "Man don't start.. I miss you too.." he says sternly. He can be as hard as he wants right now, Ima be soft enough for the both of us. I really miss him and it's nothing I can do to get him outta there.

"I talked to Rock daddy." I say trying to change the subject. "You did what?" He asks taken back. "Was I wrong to do that?"

"Who you was talking to? That man ain't have no family but his mama and sister."

"I had a therapist and he was telling me stuff and I put two and two together."

He sucks his teeth, "Nah impossible. Ion know who you was talking to and cut that off immediately. I don't like that and it ain't sitting well with me. That's done and over with, you got me?"

I roll my eyes, "He blocked me anyway. I haven't talk to him since then."

"Something about that ain't right man.... You should be talking to yo lil boyfriend not a therapist."

"That's not my boyfriend. He's mad at me right now though."

"From that shit with Rock daddy?"

"Yeah."

"He should be. That was stupid. You don't know that nigga... Don't do nothing like that ever again."

"I just wanted to do the right thing by the baby. No one sees that though. Asia's the bad guy as usual."