18

Asia - Part 2

"So I can't ask you to take care of another man's baby." I say Chris, ready to break down in tears. My emotions have been all over the place and I'm over this shit.

"That doesn't even matter or change my stance on it. Y'all still coming with me." He says.

"The water cold." Chrissy yells. "I'll go check on her, you pack y'all stuff." He says moving from in front of me. "Why doesn't it change anything Chris?" I call out.

"I guess that's what love does."

How can he still love me after all the crazy shit? How? I don't get it nor do I understand. It's evident telling him I'm pregnant made him feel some kind of way. God, why is my life in such a mess.

***

We're sitting down at a restaurant and just the smell of the food is making me nauseous but hungry as hell at the same time.

"How far long are you?"

"I don't know."

"What you mean?"

"I haven't been to the doctor yet."

"Oh." He says. I grab my phone and see a missed call from the prison. Hopefully Dom calls back. I cut my phone on loud so l can hear it ring next time.

Looking out the corner of my eye I see a familiar face. "Chris." I whisper. He glances up and follows my eyes. He drops his head and quickly gets up disappearing to the back of the restaurant.

I try my best not to make eye contact with Chris mother, but I think it's too late. "Asia... is that you?"

"Hey." I smile. This is so awkward. "You look good girl. How have you been? Who is this little cutie?" She asks looking at Christianna. As if the moment when Chris realized Chrissy looks just like him is happening all over again, his mama mouth drops.

"I've been better and this is Christianna." I say. "Oh my God. She looks just like Christopher. Why didn't you tell me? How old is she? Asia."

"I know I'm sorry. I tried coming to your place before I had her but it was empty."

She drops her head, "I moved. I'm sorry I shouldn't gave you my number so we could've kept in contact."

"It's okay."

She stares at Chrissy, "I can't believe this. He could've been so happy to have a little girl."

"Yeah." I say sighing. "Please call me, come by. I don't stay that far from here. I would love to get to know my granddaughter and see the two of you more often."

"Okay I'll call you soon."

"Maybe we can go out this weekend." She smiles grabbing Chrissy hand. Chrissy doesn't do anything but stare.

"That would be fine." I say. Chris mother squeezes Chrissy cheeks causing Chrissy to smile. "Well I'll see you two later. Please don't forget to call me Asia."

"I won't."

I watch as she walks out the door with her friend. Out the corner of my eye I see Chris headed back this way. "What she say?" He asks sitting back down. "She wants to see me and Chrissy. She figured out she's yours." He smiles looking at Chrissy. "I can't believe I didn't see it the first time I saw her."