♔1♔

The girl was pacing around the streets of Manhattan asking almost every person she sees about her lost item

The girl was pacing around the streets of Manhattan asking almost every person she sees about her lost item. She stopped a woman with a big purple bag that didn't match her floral dress at all.

"Excuse me? Have you seen red headphones with the initials GC on them?" The girl asked with a hopeful tone.

The woman shook her head and the girl pouted. She was giving up. Those headphones were very special for her and she just couldn't lose them. They were saving her from everything that happened around her.

She sighed heavily and turned around after she felt someone tapping on her shoulder. There was a boy around her age with soft brown curls and eyes like chocolate. He smiled down at her nicely and picked a pair of red headphones in front of his face.

"Are you looking for these?" he asked quietly, his smile never leaving his face.

The girl smiled widely and let a small huff of relief.

"Thank you SO much" she said grabbing the headphones from the boy's hand.

"What do these initials mean?" He pointed at the letters carved on the headphones.

"Oh, just my name!" The girl laughed awkwardly. "It's Grace by the way!" She said putting her hand forward for him to shake.

"I'm Tom" he answered.

"You should get an award for that" Grace pointed out lifting her headphones and laughing. He laughed too and that made her heart skip a beat. "What do you think about having lunch with me? That's my way of saying 'thank you'"

"It sounds great!" He let a small laugh again. "I was hungry anyway."

Grace felt like a rock just got off her chest. She put a small strand of her brown hair behind her ear and smiled up at him.

"There's this diner right behind the corner that makes the best omelettes you've ever had!" She said while putting her headphones in her backpack.

"The diner it is then!" He waited for her to put her backpack back on and started walking beside her.

They sat on a table next to the window because it turned out they both liked looking at the people passing by. They ordered two omelettes. Grace ordered a hot chocolate which surprised Tom because it was the middle of the summer and the weather was hotter than the chocolate she was about to drink. He on the other hand ordered a lemonade.

While they were waiting for their food and drinks, Grace had learned that he has three brothers and a dog named Tessa. Grace got excited about this fact because she thought dogs were the most precious things in the whole world.

She told Tom about her dog who was a French Bulldog and was called Frankie.

They talked about their families and hobbies. She learned that Tom was an actor but didn't want to say which movies he was in. He wanted her to 'investigate' as he said with a smirk. She accepted the challenge.

Grace on the other hand told him about her passion for dancing and her weird attachment to the red headphones. She was training ballet for more than ten years and was dancing almost every day.

Right before their omelettes came they exchanged phone numbers.

"These really are the best omelettes I've had!" Tom exclaimed with his mouth full.

Grace laughed a little covering her mouth with her hand. Her eyes almost closed while she was laughing. That was a habit she had since she could remember.

The girl took a sip from her hot chocolate while Tom was watching her, a small smile peaking on his lips. She looked at him and tilted her head a little.

"You sure you don't want to try it?" She asked sliding the drink toward him.

Tom took it, took a sip of it and gave it back to her. His eyes widened and he smiled at her.

"They make the best hot chocolates too" he stated excitedly.  Grace laughed at his childishness and nodded in agreement.

"They do" she was a very childish person herself and was proud because she thought about everything optimistically almost always.

They payed for their meal and left the diner, their stomachs full. Tom sighed and looked at Grace.

"Thank you for showing me this magical place" he said a bit over dramatically and threw his hands in the air which caused Grace to laugh once again.

"You're very welcome!" She said sweetly. "We can go watch some of your movies one day."

"We can" he answered. "If you ever do your investigation right!" he joked and the girl hit his arm playfully.

"I'm the best investigator ever! Just wait!" she crossed her arms and a little pout appeared on her face.

Tom was just staring down at her. She was adorable and he couldn't stop smiling around her. Suddenly he remembered why he got out of his hotel room in the first place.

"I have to go but I'll text you tonight!" he said and walked off hurriedly not waiting for her goodbye.

Grace followed him with her eyes. She smiled to herself and felt a little blush creeping on her cheeks while the thoughts of him were still running through her head. She shook them off and headed home taking her red headphones out of her backpack and plugging them in her phone.