♔29♔

"Ah! Finally!" Grace smiled as she plopped on her bed after a long exhausting week of dancing

"Ah! Finally!" Grace smiled as she plopped on her bed after a long exhausting week of dancing. It was finally the weekend. A free one.

The girl heard her phone ding notifying her that she's got a message. Grace reached out to grab the device.

~•~

Tom🎬
we need to talk
it's important

~•~

The girl could feel herself getting nervous. The weird thing was she was also excited. Excited that she will finally talk to her boyfriend. But she could feel the seriousness through his text and that made her stomach sink.

Grace immediately called Tom and impatiently waited for him to answer.

~•~

"Grace"

"Hey! What is it?"

"We haven't talked in two months"

"I'm aware"

"How are you?"

"Fine. Very busy and
exhausted but fine. I've
finally got a free weekend! I've
still got a bit of a problem
with the school taxes
but I'll find a way!"

"Same here. Except for the free weekend. And the taxes. Um, Grace..."

"Yes, Tom"

"I miss you and I am so so sorry!"

"I miss you too but...
Tom, why are you sorry?"

"It's not working. I'm sorry for saying it but I have to. This has to end. We can't go on like that. We're both too busy and too dedicated to free some time for each other. I love you and I probably always will. And I know you love me. But..."

"I get it."

"It's not gonna work out. If we can't figure it out now we never will."

"I know"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yes, I've been thinking
about it too but I was
too afraid to tell you."

"I understand"

"..."

"Listen, I have to go but I'll hear you when I can... and when you can. I'm sorry again."

"It's fine, Tom. Friends?"

"Always."

~•~

Grace let out a shaky breath. A breath of relief. And sorrow. She was happy she didn't feel obligated to call Tom anymore but she felt such sadness because she lost one of the people she cared most about.

She cried that night. Not because she and Tom broke up but because she felt like it was the right thing to do. She told Stacey everything and let her best friend wrap her arms around her and comfort her.

The next day Grace Clarke felt better.