♔4♔

Grace ran down the stairs and stopped when she saw a nervous Tom looking at her

Grace ran down the stairs and stopped when she saw a nervous Tom looking at her. She smiled and tugged a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Are we going?" She asked her smile not leaving her face.

A slight shade of pink appeared on Tom's cheeks and he nodded.

They walked close to each other and made some small talks but nothing specific.

Before Grace realised she was in the movie theatre, a big screen with Marvel's logo on it in front of her. She squealed excitedly for what's the movie going to be like. She couldn't wait to watch Tom act for the first time.

When Peter Parker appeared in the movie for the first time, Tom glanced at Grace to see her reaction. He hazel eyes were glued to the screen and a little smile formed on her lips.

"Did you see this?!" Tom asked just like a child when the scene with Spider-Man catching Captain America's shield came on. "Wasn't that impressive? Huh? What do you think?!"

Grace shook her head and chuckled a little turning to Tom and giving him a thumbs up. That made his grin grow even bigger which made the girl just look at him for a while.

"My baby!" Grace shouted unexpectedly every time Bucky showed up. She explained that she adored him as much as she adores her dog which is a lot as she said.

The movie finally ended and they headed to the exit slowly.

"I'm starving!" Grace growled and hung her head back dramatically.

"Seriously?!" Tom threw his hands in the air in frustration. "Nothing about the movie? Did you like it?"

She put a finger under her chin like she was thinking about it deeply. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it almost immediately and looked up to the sky. Tom sighed. Grace did this on purpose, it was just so funny to watch him being frustrated so much and she had the habit to annoy people in general. She took it as a 'hidden talent'.

"Well..." she started off. "I liked it but-"

"But what for God's sake?!" Tom cried out. "The movie is great!"

"It is, it is!" She assured him. "It's just that I expected a lot more to be honest" she looked at the ground but soon looked up again to meet Tom's disappointed face. She hurried to correct herself. "Your acting is amazing though! And I'll give the movie a solid 7.5 out of 10 just because it's Marvel and I've always expected the best from them!"

Tom looked at her puzzled not knowing what to say. There was a long silence before he finally chuckled and ran a hand through his brown curls. That made Grace stare and wonder what would it be like to run her hand through his hair. Or what would it be like for him to play with her long brown one.

"I'm a perfectionist" The hazel eyed girl finally mumbled and shrugged.

"Okay" Tom answered. He gave up on assuring her 'Civil War' deserves a lot more than 7.5. "What do you want to eat?"

"Are we eating?" The girl jumped in excitement. Tom's brown eyes widened at her desire for food at the moment.

"Well, you said you were hungry so yeah, sure!" He smiled sweetly at her which made her grin. She then suddenly started running waving a hand to him telling him to follow her.

"Where to?" Tom asked confused.

"The diner... again! It works 24/7 that's why it's the best!" She explained simply.

They took a seat at the table they were sat the last time and ordered waffles with blueberries and cream and lemonade.

Grace started looking around the diner and took glances out from the window from time to time. Tom on the other side was looking at her the whole time. He watched every little detail of her face trying to memorise it as well as he can.

He noticed how her thick eyebrows furrowed every time she looked at the people from the outside probably wondering what is their life like, where are they heading to.

She bit her lip trying not to smile too much or squeal at the sigh of every dog she sees being walked by its owner.

Tom hadn't realised but he was smiling while watching her until the waiter came with their orders and shook him out of his trance.

They both smiled and thanked the waiter then started their waffles which were god-like! Tom decided to start a conversation about the movie again.

"What did you think about the acting?" He asked.

"Sebastian was incredible... as always!" She looked up dreamy.

"What?! Are you in love with him or something?" The boy scoffed and let out a small laugh.

"Uh, duh!" Grace rolled her eyes and smirked.

"Dude, he's like 33 and you're 20, how are you gonna cope with this!" He joked.

"Well, my father was six years older than my mum so I can cope with anything thank you very much!" She laughed lightly.

"Six years is okay but thirteen?!" He continued with his little jokes. "And why was?"

That question seemed like it made Grace a bit uncomfortable and she started playing with her food and looking everywhere but never Tom's eyes. She then finally shrugged and collected some courage to meet his eyes.

"It doesn't matter." She simply said.

Tom didn't want to rush anything with her and ask her personal questions about her family so he left it like that by only nodding his head. They didn't know each other so well yet and he for sure didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

They continued talking about the movie and a little more about themselves.

Grace talked about her brother and how he'd always make her cook for him because he thought she's way better than their mum. She seemed like she didn't want to talk much about her mum which was okay but made Tom even more curious about her family situation than he already was.

They finished their waffles and decided to head to their home when they saw the clock showing it's almost 1 a.m.

Tom walked Grace to her apartment. Before she got in she turned to face him. She smiled with the most genuine and beautiful smile he's ever seen which made her hazel eyes sparkle. She intertwined her pinky finger with his and chuckled softly. Tom felt the heat rise to his cheeks when he felt her touch.

"It was very nice being with you! I'd love to do something like that any time!" She said letting go of him and waving goodbye before unlocking her door and walking in.

The boy stood there stunned and finally mumbled a little "yeah" before heading to his hotel.