♔18♔

Tom carefully made his way next to Grace and put one arm around her shoulders

Tom carefully made his way next to Grace and put one arm around her shoulders. She flinched a bit but calmed down under his touch after realising it was him.

"Have you thought about going home, huh?" He asked soothingly.

Grace's head turned to face him. She shook it and Tom noticed how her hazel eyes started filling with tears.

"No, no." She answered weakly. "I need to stay here in case Ryan wakes up."

"I'll be here. Stacey too. We'll watch out for him and call you immediately."

The girl shook her head once again. She was holding her shoes tightly. Her beautiful dress was now dirty and a few strands of brown hair were falling down Grace's face.

Tom looked over Stacey asking her for help and support silently. She got the message immediately and got up from her seat to move to the other side of her best friend. The blonde smoothly put her hand on the brunette's shoulder.

"Hey." Stacey smiled weakly down at her. "You need a rest. Go home, take a shower, change your clothes and come back. We'll be here."

Grace looked at her, then turned to look at Tom who smiled and nodded at her.

"If I go home-" she finally started off. "I want you two to go after me and do the same. After that I'm going to stay as long as I want until my brother wakes up and none of you is allowed to try to make me go away, am I clear?"

Both Stacey and Tom looked at each other for a split second before nodding.

"Good." Grace spoke up before standing up. She hugged Stacey, then turned to do the same with Tom. Their hug was somewhat awkward but warm and calming at the same time. "I'll be back very soon."

She didn't put on her shoes because they were too uncomfortable for her to bear them on her feet in this situation. Grace slowly made her way to the exit of the hospital. She caught a taxi and looked one last time at the hospital before shutting the door closed and heading to her apartment.

~•~

A/N: I don't know what's happened but apparently this chapter got deleted somehow??!?!?!? And I had to write it all over again! But here it is, I hope nothing like this happens again!

Don't let this flop!👽