♔6♔

Grace walked into the dancing room she always found herself to be recently

Grace walked into the dancing room she always found herself to be recently. The girl threw her bag next to one of the huge mirrors that were all around the room. She tied her hair in a loose bun and put her dancing shoes on.

She had prepared for the audition for Juilliard for years. Grace had a dance, the music for it, god, she had even chosen which one of her leotards she'd wear.

The girl let the soft music play, took a deep breath and started dancing. She knew the dance by heart, she'd done it at least a thousand times for the past three years she'd prepared.

She wanted to be perfect. That's why she'd waited for so long to actually go to an audition for her dream school.

Grace danced and danced and danced and she lost track of the time. She couldn't feel the pain, she couldn't feel the burn, she was feeling like she was flying while dancing. Every. Single. Time. That's why she was absolutely sure this is what she wanted to do.

Grace ran of breath and finally decided to stop. She plopped on the floor and took her shoes off to massage her feet.

She then heard a little applause from someone standing at the big doors of the mirrored room. She raised her hazel eyes and was met with chocolate brown ones which made her feel even hotter than she already was. Tom.

"That-" he started off. "That was beautiful" he finished a fascination in his voice.

Grace stood up and walked to her back without looking at him.

"It wasn't perfect though" she then looked up but couldn't meet his eyes. "It has to be perfect!"

Tom seemed confused and with a puzzled look asked "Why though?"

"Because-" Grace started while walking to him. "Because if I'm not perfect I don't have any chance to be accepted in Juilliard"

Tom didn't say anything, only looked at her, a sympathy hiding in his eyes.

"Every year only 12 girls and 12 boys are accepted. Hundreds even thousands go to auditions. That's the best school for dancing in the world and I've wanted to go there since I can remember. I train every day for at least ten hours and repeat this dance over thirty times. I have to be perfect!"

"Well I don't actually know what to say except-" Tom said quietly. "-you're very very close to perfect but if you continue like that you'll lose the emotions while dancing. Do you get it?"

She nodded slightly and looked at her feet who were bruised and bleeding. She knew this was worth it. She wouldn't lose the emotions. No. Or would she?

"Why are you here anyways?" Grace suddenly shot up and tilted her head to the right while crossing her arms.

"Oh the gym I used to work out in is closed for a few months so I'll be working out here in the gym on the third floor. Right above you" he responded a little smirk peeking on his lips.

Grace felt the heat heading over to her cheeks and she looked to the ground once again.

"Okay then. I gotta go! Text me!" Tom suddenly said. "Or I'll text you!" He screamed in the distance while heading to the stairs leading to the third floor.

Grace smiled to herself while putting her shoes into her backpack and closing it carefully. The girl looked st her phone to check the time. It was two o'clock! She'd come here at 6:30 a.m. There was a notification on her screen. A message. She swiped to the right to open it.

~•~

Smiley🐉
you up?

~•~

Her best friend has texted her at 7:40 a.m. Grace typed a quick answer.

~•~

Grumpy👺
I was dancing the whole day
what is it?

Smiley🐉
wanna watch some scary movies tonight?

Grumpy👺
sure

Smiley🐉
I'm coming over in thirty

Grumpy👺
k

Smiley🐉
k?
seriously?😒

Grumpy👺
oKAY

Smiley🐉
much better
not the best
but better

~•~

Grace chuckled slightly at her best friend's texts and threw her backpack over her shoulder, her red headphones swinging from her neck. She headed to her apartment to take a shower and prepare for her scary movies night with Stacey.

~•~

A/N: This was crappy but I wanted to add my baby Grace dancing finally so here we go! She's really dedicated to it. Stacey is too but there's a bit of difference that you'll find out later on!

Don't let this flop! 👽