Chapter 1: Present Day

I slowly open my eyes to see the roof of my house and yawn.

'What a dream...' I thought before looking at the time

5:15 A.M.

"Fuuuuuuuuck." I groan and check my phone, it was Sunday. "Welp, few more hours of sleep should do-" I heard a knock on my door. "Son of a-! Coming" I growled and got off my bed.

I marched towards my door and open it, glaring at the person who disturbs my beauty sleep.

"John?" I said in surprise as my neighbor was at the front door. My death glares dissipate quickly.

"Hey, Aoi..." He sounded tired, but not sleepy, "I'm heading to the convenience store, buy some food, wanna come?"

I observe him, his hair was a mess, which I absolutely like. Not some greasy hair shit.

"Yeah sure, lemme get ready." I smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

John and I walk on the sidewalk towards the convenience store, it was a silent walk. Both of us had our hands in our own pockets, exhaling hot air from our mouths into the cold morning air.

"So why wake up early?" I look at John, his eyes were still on the ground, "Usually you wake up at 1 P.M."

John just lightly shrugs, "Just some dream."

"Like a nightmare?" I stop.

He stops as well and looks at me with glaring eyes. I think I saw his hand roll into a fist in his jacket.

I stood my ground, "Usually when we have dreams," I turn from his sight and face the convenience store, "It's either a blast from the past, or a prediction to the upcoming future."

"Well, what do you think?" John's glare soften and start walking.

I start to walk with him, "It can be both, past as a reminder of what to do or not to do." I shrug, "It's confusing."

"I see... Aoi," John look at me as we enter the store, "Why did you enter Wellston High?"

I hesitate for a second and gather my thoughts for a second.

"You don't have to answer, I didn't mean to-"

"Nah, it's fine." I smile, "To be honest, the old school I went was a hierarchy system. I never liked it, it never gives us cripples a chance to say anything, and if we do speak out, we just get a beating. What it should be, is a democracy of some sort."
"Democracy?" John arch an eyebrow as he put a bread in a basket he borrowed from the store.

"Yeah, a government by the people, if a King-" I gesture a quote sign before putting a Creature energy drink in my own borrowed basket, "Ruled in an asshole way, where the people have to listen to what he says, forced to do, or are just scared of the king, who's going to listen to the King? It will just lead to a rebellion. Though when I joined Wellston, it was still the same as my last school"

John stops and thinks for a second, it looks like he was thinking about something. I shrugged it off and grab an air-tight wrapped sandwich.

"Do you think a Democracy and a Hierarchy can go together?" John asks, looking at me.

"It can happen, but it can be flawed as well," I answer with no pause. "The government system will be complex to handle. It's best to stick with one system as possible."

"And what about the people?" John stop and look at me.

"What about them?" I look.

"The Low-Tiers and the cripples? The lower class that are too weak to fight the High-Tiers"