Chapter 2: Turf Wars

"Were you hanging out with that loser cripple again?!" Elaine glared at her.

"Oi!" I shouted out.

"Wha- Oh, not you again!" She glared straight at me.

"Hey princess, the longer you look, the more you might see my beauty," I smirk.

"Gah- Why you little- nevermind," Elaine look at the Queen again, "I just don't get why you're always with those two cripples!" She swiped her arm in an aggressive manner, "You're making yourself look bad!"

"And I don't get why you always bitch about people!" I growl, throwing away my friendly face, "You're just making yourself look bad!"

"Well, you don't even have an ability! And, he-"

"Elaine." Seraphina activated her ability.

I see Elaine froze up as Seraphina stopped time around her, though she's still conscious of what's happening.

"I've told you..." Seraphina said in a deadly tone, "What I do, is none of your business."

The Queen turned and walked away. At the same time, she deactivated her ability causing Elaine to drop to the floor.

"Bleeeeh," I stick my tongue out to her, "Aoi: One, princess: Zero."

Elaine just puffs her cheeks and look away.

I turn around and walk into Seraphina's room before closing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked my phone and saw that John send a message.

<Hey sorry that I was being rude earlier> John texted about a few minutes ago.

I smile a bit, <It's chill dude, we have our moments.>

<Yeah, BTW, tell Sera to be careful about the book I let her borrowed>

'Book? What book-' I instantly knew what he meant and turned to face her as she set a book down.

"Unordinary?" I look at Seraphina.

"Yeah, John allowed me to borrowed his book, did you know that-"

"His father is the author of that book?" I finish, surprising her. "Yeah, John allowed me to borrow it so I can read."

"Yeah," She opens the book a bit before hearing a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I walk towards the door and open, only to see the King of Wellston himself. Ass-lo- I mean Arlo.

"Who are you?" The blonde look at me funny, like I kidnapped a small puppy.

"Seraphina's friend," I cross my arms, "Who are you?"

"... An acquaintance, where's Seraphina?" Arlo narrow his eyes.

"Well if you can stop squinting at me you can see that she's behind me." I rolled my eyes.

I see Arlo had a tick in anger before looking behind me to see Seraphina, "Ah Seraphina." He shoved me aside, and basically kicked me out of her room.

"Hey!" I glared only for Elaine to go between me and Arlo.

"Great, not you again." I cross my arms. "You know, I still remember how we first met."

"Yeah, got my hopes up for nothing. Just like John when he first enters Wellston High." Elaine spat.

"Hopes of getting a boyfriend who will protect your sorry little ass?" I snort.