Chapter 18: As Beautiful as the Outdoors

"Yes! I'm finished!" John's shout woke me up from my nap.

"GAH!" I glared at John, "JOHN IT'S TO DAMN EARLY FOR THIS!"

"John! Keep it down will ya?!" His dad shouted at him.

"Oh, morning Dad." John look him nonchalantly.

"Hey, I'm here too." I glared.

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatev." John wave me away.

I narrow my eyes at him. I really hated when people interrupts my beauty sleep.

"Hey. I gotta run!" John smile at us as he stood up, "But there are eggs in the fridge!"

'I'm still too sleepy for his BS right now' I growled slightly.

"Oh and a few blocks from here, there's a place that has some pretty good sandwiches! Sera or Aoi will show you! I'll see you guys later!" John exit out of the house.

"... Prick." I sigh and stood up and stretch.

I look and see Sera coming into the living room, a bit sleepy.

"Sup." I smiled at her.

"What was all the noise about?" She rub one of her eyes with her hand.

"John's leaving for school. I'm going to head out to run."

"Wait." I look at him, "You run in this early in the morning?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Sera looked.

"Well, when you're an old fart like me. You gotta do what you can to stay in shape." He stretched his arms. "It's a dangerous world out there, and my body's all I've got!"

Sera yawn trying to stay awake.

"Wanna join in?" William look at us.

"Nah." Sera shook her head.

"I'm down." My eyes perk up, "Lemme get my training equipment." I smile as I rush out of the door and head to my house.

Minutes later, I slung over my equipment bag over my shoulder and head to John's house and see his dad waiting for me.

"Oh wow. Do you usually train at this hour?" William walk to me.

"Yeah." I nodded, "I jogged with the equipment over my shoulder."

"That's nice." He smiled, "You ready." He hopped a few bit and rotate his neck.

"Oh yeah. Let's go." I smirk as I took the lead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We jogged for a while, passing block by block before reaching a park. I set down my equipment on the grass and stretch my back.

William wiped his sweat and walk up to me, "I'm assuming you train Martial Arts?"

"Hm? Oh yeah." I bend over and stretch the lower side of my back.

"I taught John some Martial Arts when he was young before he moved here." William smiled.

"I can tell." I straighten my back and knelt down to my bag and took out a pair of punching mitts, "Would you mind helping me?" I gave him the pair.

"Yeah sure." He slide them on and clapped the mitts together, "Don't hold back."

"Alright." I smirked and put myself in a fighting position, "I don't mind if you throw a punch here and there."