15

Sunday, October 8 2017

7:48 am

You did see him the next morning. The call was still on-going. His phone was angled slightly higher from where Yoongi was, guessing the camera was on a bedside table or a chair. Light snores escaped his sleeping body, he was laying on his front and tummy. He looked in peace as he sleeps yet in pain too, like he's getting hurt by something. His forehead slightly wrinkled and his eyes shut tightly. You wondered what was bothering him.

"Yoongi?" You whispered softly, wishing you could help him from what was hurting him but you also didn't want to bother him as he sleeps.

You look around him even more, the sight struck sadness within your stomach. It made you feel sorry and worry but you knew you couldn't do anything - couldn't do anything about the scattered pills on his wrinkled blanket beside him. There were beer bottles on the floor and a few pill bottles, an estimated of 50 pills, different kinds of them, were scattered on the bed with a water bottle beneath Yoongi's body. You called out again "Yoongi?" and there's still no sign of a response.

8:00 am

Decided that he wouldn't wake up soon, you gave up trying to talk to him. He does deserve some sleep. You ended the call and got up from your bed. As you go on your day, you can't ignore the sickly feeling of melancholy and concern in the pit of your stomach - hoping Yoongi would be okay.

10:13 am

"So how's Yoongi?" Taehyung asked as he tries to balance himself on the edge of the sidewalk. He acts like a little kid most of the time, doing childish things with Jungkook who was currently behind Taehyung and teasing him by poking his back, but sometimes your dorky best friend could be serious and he actually listens.

Suddenly remembering Yoongi, you took your phone out immediately and looked for a stop with Wifi. You three are currently outside near your apartment building, you came running inside and sat on the nearest bench to talk to @minsugapd. Taehyung and Jungkook soon trailed along and sat beside you, playing around and preoccupied with their childishness

You: Hey Yoongi, you up?

You turned off your phone and laid back, trying to seem like you're cool and not eager to talk to him but that seemed to not be working with your feet quickly tapping and your hands fidgeting. A notification sound popped fast and you looked at it, you couldn't stop yourself from smiling.

Him: Already missed me?

You: Don't get your hopes up.

Him: Sure sure

You: So how are you?

Him: My head's pounding a bit but just fine.

You: Take some painkillers

Him: I already have them in my bed.

You paused when you remembered the scene this morning. It still made you queasy on how a mixture of different pills just scattered around the bed. Something happened and you don't know what it is.

You: So...you were quite a snorer.

Him: I snored?

You: Yeah

Him: You were watching me as I sleep?

You: Don't flatter yourself. My morning was miserable because the first thing I saw is your face.

Him: Aww you hurt me

You: Me: 1, You: 0

Him: You just witnessed the most beautiful and handsome face you will ever see in your entire life. Your time was limitless so you could have stared at me for too long. How dare you take advantage of my helpless and submissive body?

You blushed and screamed with a closed mouth. Your two friends looked at you weirdly but you were dying to continue the conversation.

10:41 am

You: SHUT UP

Him: You: 1, Me: 1 ;)

You: :p

Him: Your artwork was really pretty btw

You: Thank you

Him: It was different. Amazing how you captured the scene

You: Well it really was different. I never knew I could draw something like that.

Him: Well you did

You: Yes I did

Him: What does it mean?

You: What?

Him: What does your painting mean?

You: ... idk

Him: Come on. A painting that beautiful should have some kind of meaning in it, deep or shallow.

You: I guess you could say that people often fall in love with the sunset where it's all bright, warm or even soft colors. People want the aesthetic feeling of the sky when it's almost at its end. I love it too, how the soft orange blends in with the yellow and the pastel pink in the sky, but what about the night? The contrast of the blue with the yellow isn't as beautiful as the sunset. Yes, the sunset is all about the light but the night has come to overtake its kingdom. The way it's just drowning down the light of the mighty sun. Usually, people prefer light over darkness but few souls appreciate the loneliness and gloomy atmosphere of the dark. I normally like the Golden Hour but...

Him: But?

You: Lately, I feel more peace laying on my bed, no lights except for my phone and I find comfort being surrounded by black.

Him: Your point is?

You: Maybe darkness isn't always about sadness and loneliness. It's just...a more drowning version of peace and comfort.

Him: I get you on that.

You: Maybe darkness isn't that bad.

Him: It isn't. I've always find the night the best time of the day. You might be surprised because of my condition that I have dreaded staying awake through nights of dimness but I actually find it relaxing. I find the dark a place where I could be myself. Even though, it's killing me softly - I don't mind.

You: Wow.

Him: Yeah.

You: That's beautiful.

10:50 am

Him: Nothing about me is beautiful Y/N