24

Tuesday, 28 November, 2017

10:07 am

Taehyung’s eyes turned into slits, his sharp mask breaking apart and his face showed bitterness. Something caught in your throat and you gulped to relieve the tension of situation. Definitely Taehyung doesn’t like you, of course he doesn’t...right? You looked straight at Taehyung’s tall figure but his face wasn’t on you.

“You’re insane. Of course I don’t.” Ouch. “Not because she’s not attractive, but because she’s my best friend.” He snarled back.

Yoongi chuckled “So you find her attractive?” a hint of playfulness curling up at the end of his question. Your eyes lit up when you heard this, you could imagine a smirk forming on Yoongi’s cocky face, you fought the verge to shake your head.

“Wha- What are you talking about? No, I’m not in love with her and yes, I find her attractive. Look Yoongi, I’m trying to help you here.” It was obvious that Taehyung was starting to get annoyed, it’s amusing. “What I’m trying to say is, it’s not Y/N’s fault, it’s mine. I messed up with her head. I’m sorry for making her not talk to you and I know both of you mean more to each other than just friends. She’s standing in front of me right now, and she has been listening to our conversation the whole time.”

Yoongi’s cunning answer was definitely different from what you expected “It’s not about the blame. You said what you want to say but it's her choice to whether talk to me or not. You might not know this about Y/N, she’s not very good at balancing. She goes to college, draws for her Instagram account, hangs out with her friends, talks to me and maintains her apartment all at once. By talking to Y/N for more than two months now, I could tell that she can’t do all these things unless you tell her to. It’s her choice to talk to me in the first place and when you told her what you felt, she definitely listens and made a full 180 degrees turn, leaving me. If she wants to talk to you; fine, if she doesn’t; that’s fine too. This is all her choice and I cannot do anything if that’s what she wants.”. Eventhough everything he said did surprise you though, a little pang on the chest hit you because you know all of it was true.

Taehyung’s eyebrows went up in shock though and Jungkook, who was just silently listening, was also taken back on his answer. Both guys couldn’t spill out a word and stood there. You bit your lip but the corners of your lips curled up, this was very amusing.

“And I know Y/N’s there since the start. I could recognise her cute breathing. Hey there Y/N.” Yoongi said playfully with his velvety voice and you just shook your head. This time, you can’t help but finally smile.

The heavy weight unknowingly lifted off, a sense of relief just washed over you. You could finally let go and breathe normally. It felt comforting and warm to hear Yoongi’s egotistic talk, it just felt normal again after 4 days of not talking to him. Missing him was a statement to say the least on how you felt. Hearing him again made you feel complete

“Still as cocky as ever Yoongi?” The lump on your throat disappeared, causing you to have enough courage to speak up. A smirk covered your face, it felt good to banter with him again.

“You know it, princess. Nice talking to you again.” The endearing nickname made you blush and you didn’t have enough time to cover it when you saw one of Jungkook’s eyebrow go up. It’s like you could see a wide smile from Yoongi through the call.

You wanted to play it cool “Yeah sure whatever. I think this is enough calling for today.” but in reality, you feel like your insides are about to explode. The exciting attraction towards Yoongi just burned you again, your heart constantly beating faster.

“Okay. Talk to you later Yoongi.” Reaching over to Taehyung’s frozen hand, you took your phone and looked at it.

10:20 am

“Talk to me princess.” Yoongi said lastly, then ends the call. Your smile remained because of his last words, bring your phone to your chin as you grin happily. Remembering the current situation, you looked up at both boys in your room - both looking lost and confused. This doesn’t bother you though. You just turned and exited your bedroom, Taehyung and Jungkook followed along with you. Taking your paper bags filled with your own food, you left their breakfasts on where is it and you cheerfully turned to leave.

You looked back though to your friends, who were just staring at you with their mouths agape open like they wanted to say something but before they do, you said-

“You shouldn’t take my phone next time, okay?”

10:26 am

With the turn of your heel and make your way out of your apartment as you gladly skips, you leave the place to talk to this cocky playful jerk, your cocky playful jerk.