17

Friday, October 20 2017

12:33 pm

“Yeah, he ditched you.” Taehyung said again for the 8th time this week. Namjoon nodded with certainty beside him while they drank their coffee and watched Netflix in your apartment living room. Jungkook was doing push-ups in the corner, totally focused on it as sweat trickled down his neck. Either he was ignoring their teasing or he doesn't care at all.

The front door opened and Jin came in carrying multiple heavy plastic bags filled with groceries. From the comfy couch, you groggily rose up and threw your phone. Namjoon too stood up and went to the kitchen to help out Jin, the pink-haired man smiled out at you two - a sign of appreciation. You took the groceries out of the plastic bags and fold them sloppily into little triangles, the other two filling up your empty cupboards and refrigerator with newly-stocked food.

Sighing, you went to your bedroom and scattered your used clothes to find your bag, taking the crisp money from your small wallet to pay Jin back. Dragging your feet on the floor, you gave Jin the money in silence and went back to your previous position. You pulled your hoodie back on your head again, the grey baggy clothing was super comfortable and it comforted you just a bit. You took your phone again and hesitantly looked if Yoongi has replied or even texted you at all.

After seeing the video, Jungkook and Taehyung were in shock - shocked on how good he was and quote by Taehyung “You were shaking the whole time.”. Apparently you didn’t even hear Jin and Namjoon coming and sat with you. Your breath was shaky, your hand was trembling yet your gaze to your phone was firm and steady. You were just hypnotized by it, letting it repeat over and over again. The song was something special to you, it was dedicated for you and only you. The thought itself made your heart soar and your chest tight. It made you happy, very happy. Soon after, you said a casual thanks to him, saying that you really appreciated it. He immediately read it and you anticipated for his reply. All day, you’ve been waiting patiently for a response. As you hang out with your friends, you check your phone every 5 minutes or so but he still hasn’t replied. A week has passed and still nothing, a week became two. The thought of texting him again crossed your mind millions of times but the same conclusion came over and over - ‘you’ll look clingy and needy, just wait for him.’ Everyday, you get more and more upset, every second of nothing from him made you want him more. You feel lonely at night, you felt uninterested in school, you haven’t even touched your art stuff since that one painting Yoongi liked. Taehyung, Jungkook, Namjoon and Seokjin are worried for you and came to your apartment a lot more often now, stayed longer hours than usual and even took the burden of taking care of the apartment; well that was what Jin always does. You became messy and was unable to take care of yourself - is this what you call depression? You denied it, thinking that “getting depressed over a guy who hasn’t texted you for days is stupid."

‘You’re not even his girlfriend’ You grumbled in your mind.

That thought though, hurt more that you intended it to be. The same emotional aching is happening again, just like how it happens every night now...without Yoongi. You miss him.

“Hey Y/N, you okay?” Jin sat down beside you and wrapped a gentle arm around your slumped shoulders. This act of care was truly appreciated and you leaned your curled up figure to him - craving for warmth. Jungkook finally stood up, sweat ran down his face. He was panting, took a water bottle to hydrate himself as he walked towards your bathroom, when he passed you he smiled worriedly at you as if asking “Are you alright?”. You managed to smile back at him, earning a bigger grin from him and he continued on to take a shower. But that smile quivered and turned into a frown again. Unconsciously you ran your eyes to your friends. Jin beside you, his pink soft hair touching your forehead a bit and his features are delicate and feminine as always: round brown eyes, plump lips, a smile that shines, tall height, broad shoulders - that’s why he attracts a lot of people. You looked at Namjoon next, who was sitting on the far end of the couch focusing on the TV-series you were watching but he gives a couple of small glances to check up on you. Observing, you truly liked his newly dyed hair that is a mixture of the color of sand and a soft sunset; basically a blonde orange.

‘Sunset, orange…’ Your heart ached.

Namjoon's eyes were small, he was the tallest of all of you, he has this wild presence that once you look at him, you can’t look anywhere else, good thing you’re already used to that. He really gave off the clumsy fatherly vibe, he would be perfect for Jin who was undeniably the mother. Next, you scanned your best friend who was sitting on the floor cross-legged, sipping on his coffee and watched the movie. For the past days, he’s been mercilessly teasing you and saying mean things to Yoongi. You can’t really blame him, you too hated how you were just seenzoned but...you just can’t hate Yoongi. Taehyung’s ash grey hair was growing as it reached his ears, ‘Hm, long hair suits him.’ you thought. His features are unbelievable really earning a lot of stares and looks of awe, even you get shocked sometimes if he looked extra good - he has an artful face and he used to be a subject of your normal sketching. He grew tall too and looked very manly but behind that he was just a child; clumsy, funny and playful. He was very honest too. Suddenly, he turned to look at you and smiled his pretty square grin, comforting you in a way.

Today, you called a sick day in school which was slightly true due to the effects of your “depression”. Since you got out of school, your friends had to join in too of course. They all simultaneously called in sick which made the receptionist suspicious but good thing Namjoon handled it with his smart words and convincing, ehem father figure ehem. So now you’re all just hanging out in your living room, or as you call it “the comfort squad for our love-sick friend”.