Chapter V

To anybody who dares to say high school is not hard - fuck you

To anybody who dares to say high school is not hard - fuck you. Here I was sitting in my biology classroom once again, Allison back in school and next to me, it was not all just giggles and smiles - oh no, honey. I came back to school without realizing we had a huge test and honestly, I was scared into oblivion. Last time I came back home with two bad marks and a detention slip, just those things alone had earned me shit from my parents, I can't even imagine what'll happen this time. I guess it was kind of my fault for basically ignoring academics for the past week, but I just can't seem to get a grasp on anything anymore and it sucks.

It really fucking sucks.

Maybe that's why I didn't do friends before - because they're too distracting and no good for your academics. Let's be honest, it was just because I didn't have the balls to actually make any, let's not forget who I am for a second, alright? Here I am ignoring my surroundings and Allison who is quaking beside me, fighting with myself in my head. For a while, I had thought I needed to seek help from professionals, because these ongoing battles that take part in my head, are not an uncommon phenomena, but after evaluating everything - I came up with a conclusion, that I was just in fact very lonely.

I sighed deeply, burying my head into my hands, dreading for Mrs. Snakeshine's appearance. I realized that I had been ignoring Allison who was looking like she was about to hit a dog, looking straight at the vacant desk, where Mrs. Snake would reside. I poked her, knowing that would get her attention - nothing. I guess we could always try again, right? And try I sure did, I poked her until she focused her attention back at me, discomfort evident on her face "Everything alright?" I asked her warily, not wanting to come onto her too strongly - but then again, I basically poked her into oblivion just now.

"Yeah, just fine." She said, her tone strained, something sure crawled up and died inside her ass.

You see, any normal person would just drop the subject and focus on the things that mattered at the very moment - like the imminent doom that's coming with Mrs. Snakeshine's arrival - but no, I had no grasp of basic human morals, so I decided to push it. "Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong?" I wasn't sure why she was acting this way, but I was bound to find out.

Allison sighed and turned her attention to me, her features softening a little "You never pay attention to what I have to say, it just feels like I'm talking to a wall.." She trailed off and suddenly, I felt the guilt wash over me, being anti-social and trying to lead a conversation is not a dream come true, half of the time I don't even expect any kind of human contact involving me, other than bullying, of course.

"Sorry, bee. I never really had friends before so talking to people is not really my best attribute, you know this is all new to m-.." I was rudely interrupted as soon I was about to finish what I was going to say, Mrs. Snakeshine burst into a classroom, a frown on her already evil looking face - I figured the class would go ten times worse than previously anticipated.