Chapter XVII

Well..? What can I say. That happened.

Was the first thing I could think of after Nathan and I had shared a kissed. Don't get me wrong it was a special occasion, a very damn special occasion, but I couldn't help but feel lightheaded during the whole process. I was still new to this and it is going to take some time to adjust to the fact that Nathan Lewis, the ex-quarterback himself was gay. Not happy, well.. It depends on the day, but gay! Him out of all people being gay sounded so farfetched, so impossible. But I guess I'm living by the stereotypes again, I know it's wrong to assume people are something by their appearance and antics, but come on, he's a gorgeous damn hunk that has the female population drowning in their own pussy juicy for him.

Here I was laying in bed, exactly three o'clock in the morning. I couldn't sleep, wow, shocker! I know right. My mind was filled with many dwelling questions that I was sure I was going to figure out sooner or later. What puzzles me is the fact that, Nathan isn't ashamed of being gay, at least I don't think he is, but he never once told me about it. Me! The resident gay nerd, who has no idea how to even play tonsil tennis but still, why would he keep something as crucial as that on the down low? I could've had him so much sooner, oh my God! My life is crumbling to pieces around me as we speak! Honestly, during moments like these, I really wished I would still regularly get prescribed some pills to help me sleep, 'cause these thoughts are eating their way into my skull at this point and my head is beginning to ache. Terrific.

The fact that Nathan and I were together was still mind boggling to me. To be honest, I expected my world to change radically and trees to start burning around me as soon as we had declared our relationship. But, obviously, nothing changed - at least to the damn trees - the only thing I've gotten from our spit exchange is even more self-consciousness, not only have I realized I was a horrible kisser, but I also realized that there were consequences that we were going to have to face. I may have realized that a little too late, but the beast himself devoured the walls, that I spent years building and cementing secure, in an instant and made me lose my mind. In a good way.. I think.

I stood up from the comforting warmth of my bed and stood beside the windowsill, might as well do something rather than staying in bed when I can't sleep. The moonlight illuminated the sleeping neighborhood nicely, reflecting off of the shiny roofs that secured the houses from rain, although I wished there would've been snow to enhance the picturesque view. It was that time of the year - the snow season - if you may, at least in Canada it is. You never realize how much you value something until it's gone, I guess. Back in Vancouver I despised snow, it just got in the way of everything and was terrifyingly exhausting to walk on, but now, in the ever-so sunny state of California, it was one of the things I have missed the most. I sighed and realized my poor attempt at distracting myself from the devious hunk embedding himself in my thoughts was short lived, as I soon began thinking about him again. Let me tell you something, Nathan Lewis, is most definitely not good for your health, but he's so addictive - and tasty, like fast food.