Chapter XV

Not going to lie, I abused Nathan's situation and avoided school like the plague itself - sure, I'm ruining my own future, but the satisfaction and sense of freedom you get after ditching school continuously is too hard to give up! It has been around a week since Nathan was relocated back home, he's allowed to stand on crutches now, ultimately meaning he's coming back to school. Anyone with a working pair of eyes could tell that he was not excited for it, ever since he heard the devastating news from the physician he was beyond mortified. I could understand it in a way - not everyone loses their positions in a blink of an eye.

It was eight o'clock in the morning and I was just getting out of my house, the weather didn't fail fascinating me as usual, even though it was November, the sun was blaring, birds were chirping and the trees, that you could barely consider as actual trees, weren't giving up their lovely green coats. Back in Canada we would probably be snowed in by now, I can't help but feel nostalgic whenever I think of Canada - sure, the place was hellishly cold, both in people and the weather, but it was my home, you know? I feel so out of place here in California, everyone is so god damn beautiful, yet here I am the queen of ugly prancing around the streets of Los Angeles, making beauty gurus quake. Nonetheless, I was lucky that I didn't have first period, meaning I could sleep in a little longer - that's always good, right? I couldn't help but endure a little habit of mine; whenever I am allowed to go somewhere a little later than usual, I stay up a little longer than usual and then in the morning, I look like a rat who had just indulged in eating poison.

Not being in school for over a week was a well deserved break, if you were to ask me. Although, I had heard there was a new student who was miserably cute, well, at least Allison said so. I pretended I didn't care, but in reality I was quaking and dying to see him. I've heard stories of the mysterious hottie, but somehow, I've never heard of his name. I was skipping down the sidewalk, ignoring the looks of your typical mothers of the Los Angeles - they were far too stuck up for my liking. I could almost bet that I looked like a little child trapped in a hormonal teenagers body, but I liked being like this - it made me feel so free, as if I had never had to care about anything ever. Wish that was my reality..

Problems in my life seemed to pop out at any giving moment, whether it was a psychological problem devastating me, or a problem that strikes my friends and family. It was no secret my family was becoming more and more dysfunctional that it already was. You have no clue what kind of a toll it takes on you as a developing human being to hear your mother cry herself to sleep every night, I wasn't sure whether I should blame my father or myself, I surely wasn't the best son recently. I had spent less and less time with her, heck, I've even stopped seeing her as frequently as I had before I met the Lewis siblings. My father wasn't a better case either, I could see through the bullshit that my mother couldn't, surprisingly. He always provided us with the best of the best, just not the things we actually needed - which was trust and affection. I was beginning to think his 'business' trips that he seemed to have an awful a lot of recently, were just meaningless hookups with women, or men, not denying that possibility..