Chapter IX

I was so glad the last period of my school day was coming to an end, we had just finished an English essay in creative writing and honestly? I was pretty anxious about it, this essay will be a huge part of our final grade and I can't help but feel like it's going to be shit. My mind has been cloudy ever since lunch, I had trouble focusing and concentrating ever since. I was pretty anxious about going to the football game - I had learned it's going to be against the school's rival, and I'm honestly surprised I didn't know about it earlier, I'm usually pretty attentive and curious about what's happening - even if I don't attend to anything.

The teacher was making her trip around the classroom collecting the essays, scoffing at some people - you see, I loved my English teacher 'cause she is always fair and rational with people, she's strict but certainly nice if you behave. There has to be discipline in class, but not the kind of discipline that Mrs. Sunshine provides, getting detention over basically nothing is a little bit over the top. Once the teacher was at my desk, she smiled as she collected my papers, I've written a little over seven hundred and fifty words, even though only five hundred are required, I always love overdoing stuff, but I also have to in depth with everything I write.

I may be looked at like a loser everywhere, but on paper, I'm a whole different person, I can pour my heart out and mask my emotions within words, that are so little - but say so much at the same time. Writing is a piece of me that I want to keep with me for good, if it were up to me, it would be all I ever did - but hey! Can't have it all can we?

The bell rung and snapped me out of my inner monologue, that I had being built within the tight walls of my head, I collected my stuff that I had laid out on the table and shoved them in my book bag, I was never quick to leave the classroom like the mass of people would. As soon as the bell rings it's like a traffic jam at the doors - everyone is hurrying to get out and see their friends before ultimately going back to classes, before the Lewis siblings - I had never had real friends, so that's why I never hurried. I guess the habit stayed with me even with them beside me.

Allison and I didn't share creative writing, although Nathan and I did, to my surprise he wasn't just a dumb jock that you would guess he was, he's talented at a lot of things - drawing and writing seem to be just a couple of them, as soon as I had finished zipping my bag, I felt a presence behind me, so I turned around and my eyes met Nathan's bored expression - it's still weird having someone wait for you, but hey, it sure is nice!

"How'd you do on the essay?" I asked Nathan, as I was leading the way out of the classroom, muttering a 'goodbye, have a good day' to my teacher, I had always done these kind of polite gestures, because I couldn't help it! I'm a nice person - others just rush out without saying another word, even though I don't smile as much I still like making other's smile, whether it's a teacher or a random guy.