Chapter XVIII

As soon as we had stepped inside the school building, time appeared to stop

As soon as we had stepped inside the school building, time appeared to stop. All the commotion that took part within the main hall ceased, except for one freshman zooming around yelling 'I'm a butterfly!', but that was also soon halted when someone grabbed him by his hood and put him in place. All eyes were on us and I felt like I was on trial, I looked over to Allison who was right by my side, she was currently fixing her lip gloss not even paying attention to the situation, whereas Nathan looked troubled, yet nonchalant in a way. Meanwhile, I was actually in the process of shitting my pants that I liked very much, God help me if that happens I'll cut a bitch.

As nice as it was to stand there like a bunch of statues, we were bound to be interrupted one time or another. McKenzie herself stood in front of us with mascara running down her face, someone is emotional, I guess. She stood in front of Nathan and began crying her eyes out - bit over dramatic if you were to ask me, but it's fine I dig it, you may continue.. McKenzie soon lifted her head much to our surprise, fury in her eyes. "You motherfucker! How could you do this to me! I thought you loved me! You can't be a faggot, especially not for this trash!" Talk about being rude, it wasn't necessary to call Nathan a bundle of sticks, if you were to ask me, but she can do whatever she wants. I'm still convinced she's actually bat-shit crazy and a stalker.

Nathan stayed silent, a face of complete iron settling on his head, it was the signature Nathan behavior, as if nothing had changed. Allison, however, was flaming at the moment. She was all riled up about this and I was dying to get out of the situation, because I was sure Ally would kill the cheerleader standing in front us, trying to ruin our morning - which wasn't the best to begin with. "Listen here you piece of shit, call my brother a faggot one more time and your heels will end up so far up your holes you won't be able to think for the next eternity." She paused her threats and slapped her across the face, the sound echoing through the hall, which was even quieter than it was before. "This is for calling Jordan trash, he's not you, know your place." This is the most 'Allison' moment I have seen in a while and I was enjoying it. All I needed was some popcorn and a large soda to get me going, it was entertaining and also a nice gesture, since she defended us and spit some mad fire.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" McKenzie spat, holding her right cheek which was redder than the sunset. "Can't you see this faggot turned your brother into one of them, it's not normal. If Nathan were with me, he'd be the jock he was supposed to be." This bitch was completely crazy, no doubt on that one. You can't simply 'turn' one gay, you're either born with it or you realize it along the way, this bitch was surely narrow-minded like the rest of the population of this puny and pathetic part of Los Angeles.

It was time for Nathan to cut in, and boy if looks could kill, McKenzie would be approximately twenty two and a half feet below the ground, normally people are buried six feet underground, but she needed extra, in case of a zombie apocalypse, nobody would want to see her out anytime soon. Nathan stepped closer to McKenzie, managing to look even more intimidating with crutches than he was usually, I don't know what the cheerleader expected but her eyes lit up with hope, bitch, as if! "Listen to me very closely, 'cause I'm going to repeat myself again. You can insult me as much as you'd like, but do as much as look at my boyfriend and my sister the wrong way and I will annihilate you. Got it, bitch?" His tone was deep, filled with anger and as if it wasn't bad enough, it was kind of turning me on, not the right time Jordan! For God's sake!