Chapter 1

Moneice Harrison

I am 20 years old NYC college student. I share a dorm with my girl Cassie. Cassie and I been vibing since forever. We were both born-bred New Yorkers. We both had our life stories which were completely different from each other. But that was what made our bond stronger. Speaking of Cassie, she was shaking me out my deep thought.

"Girl, we gunna go out or nah?"

"Nah" I was the never that girl. Cassie was all about that party life. She always brought me out my shell. My craziest experiences were always with her and I was extremely grateful for that. But it isn't always easy to get me out.

"I wasn't asking Moniece," she said seriously standing in front of me with her hand on her hip.

"I ain't going out, Cass. I'm cool right here."

"Mo, get your ass up. You gotta get ready."

"Whatever." I got up because if there was one thing I dislike more than partying was arguing, especially with her ass. She was so persistent and in this heat i wasn't trying to hear it.

"You got an hour boo" Cassie shouted while I entered the shower.

An hour later

"Wheres this party anyway ?" I asked Cassie who was twerking on the street with no music playing in the background. We've been walking for 5 mins in heels. I was definitely feeling myself. I was wearing which consisted of a two piece which had me looking real snatched. I paired it with subtle makeup, mascara and lipgloss.

I let my blonde bundles down contrasting my darkchocolate skin

chocolate skin. Cassie was looking like fire too with her tight black dress. She was mixed with everything while I was all African American girl living. We just complemented each other well. We finally reached the house. It was packed. I ain't gonna lie, large crowds intimidate your girl. I was ready to turn around then and there.

"C'mon, Mo, what you standing there for?" Cassie said while standing two steps ahead of me. I shook my nerves away and grabbed her hand as she led us inside. There were bumping and grinding, drunk kids, sober kids and high kids. Basically, this party looked like a mess. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a pair of eyes glued to me. I turned around to see this light skinned dude standing next Cass and Josh( Cassie's bf).

"Hey lil sis," Josh said giving me a side hug.

"Wassup Josh," I answered still feeling his friend's eyes on me. Cassie must have caught the nigga looking at me too, so she decided to introduce him.

"Mo, this is Josh's cousin, David." His hand came out from his pocket towards me while saying," I prefer it if you call me Dave."

I looked at his hand and grabbed it. "Hi, David. I'm Moneice." I said giving a subtle smile. His fingers grazed over my hand. A feeling came over me. A tingling feeling. A little bit of butterflies. I looked at him and he held a smirk on his face. His eyes had a certain expression behind them that was mesmerising. Snapping back to reality and keeping my composure, I snatched my hand away and walked towards the table with the drinks.

That was so weird.

Dave POV

Shorty was bad

Shorty was bad. She was beautiful. She had that beauty that made you wanna smash straight away but had that attitude, that aura that made you curious about her; making you wanna get to know her.

"Bro, you looking real creepy looking at Mo like that," J said nudging me.

"Man, if I knew the baddest went to NYU, I would've transferred ages ago. Hell, why did I move in the first place?"

"Yo, you feeling Mo?"

" She beautiful"

"Well, good luck with that"

I turned my head away from her for a minute to look at J for a second. Did he think I didn't have a chance?

"What you mean?"

"I mean, many dudes been trying to get at her and she been curving every nigga. She breaking every nigga's hearts on campus."

"Word?" I questioned while rubbing my beard.

" You still gonna try, ain't you?" J smirked at me.

" Yup, she needs to meet a real one."

Are you for real, my nigga? You want a serious relationship? That's all you finna get with her. You're ready to pursue a girl like that?" he questioned me further.

"Bro, some support would be cool." I was getting a bit annoyed at him doubting me.

"Bro, Mo is like a lil sis to me and I rather her ass be single forever than getting heartbroken. But, you're the fam. If you serious about it then I'll put in a good word."

The way he was protective of her emphasized what I already knew. She was a serious girl. Knowing J, I knew he wouldn't defend any random broad. I glanced back at her where she was talking to Cassie and Josh. I thought I would leave her alone for tonight, but when I see her ass on campus I will holler for sure.