Chapter 14

Dave POV
I don't know if it was just me but ever since that day I kept seeing homeboy around a lot. Moniece continuously apologised for letting him in the house. Cos letting him in house was definitely a slip up. She knew best to let a consistent ex into her space. But I actually genuinely trusted my girl and left it alone. But he kept popping up more than ever. Anyway, my birthday was coming up and a nigga turning 22. I didn't have all that time focusing on wack niggas who can't take no for an answer. I was sitting across the nigga rn and I was waiting for Josh to come with his food.
" yo, bro let me ask you something. What's history between this guy and Moniece"
" Kairo was on her heavy for like a year when we started college. Became closer beginning of sophomore year. Kicking it with each other high key but honestly bro didn't even know what stopped her from chatting to him cos all of sudden she just hated him. Ever since him she didn't deal with any guy. I mean ANY."
I made a mental note to ask her about it because he was coming off like a real weirdo.
"A nigga turning 22. We gonna hit the strip. You down?"
" yeah you know I'm done for whatever. I heard offers coming in son, you ready to pick a team yet?"
" Man i ain't trynna talk about this shit no longer."
" shit you getting your ears chewed off huh?"
"Yeah everyone biting my ear off"
" Does moniece know?"
" man honestly bro she's making the decision harder to make. Like if I pick a team and need to move, I would want her to move with me, but I don't know if that's her plans."
" and if it isn't?"
" long distance shit sounds like a dub. Need my girl with me at all times. But I'll probably try it if I have to."
" I feel that. Don't know how they deal with our protective asses." We both had to chuckle cos we were hard work.
Moniece POV
"Isn't that Kairo near our niggas?" Cassie pointed out. I huffed. He was getting out of hand as I expected. But honestly I was trying to give energy to it. When I looked at David tho chatting it up with Josh, a smile cane across my face. He was turning 22 tomorrow and I knew he was excited and I was too. I planned a whole lot of shit for him. He was obviously stressed about picking a team but tomorrow was all about him. I was about to show out for my baby. We walked towards them and they both greeted us with toothy grins.
" you happy to see me baby?" I asked quietly as the other love birds were conversing as well.
" of course man. My favourite part of the day. You looking good too ma." He said licking his lips giving me that smirk that made my knees buckle.
" Thank you baby"
"you ready to for the strip tomorrow? Don't wanna hear you ain't got shit to wear." He always got annoyed because he didn't understand why I took too long to get ready for things.
" All set. Your presents all set. My outfit is all set. Lingerie for the extra-curricular activities all set."
" shit I can't wait. Sounds like it's going to be a dream tomorrow. I've never been excited for a birthday ma fr. You been hyping it up."
I cheesed seeing how excited he was. As the guys cleared their rubbish, Cassie and I began walking to cars. After saying later to Cassie I walked further towards Dave's car. I saw a piece of paper on his front window. Picking it up I saw a number and a message saying: " if you're tired of your lil girl, hit me up. Angelica x" It had a lipgloss lip print on it too. I just took myself into the car waiting for him to come. Five minutes went past when he finally came in.
" Aye what I tell you about opening your own door?" He said putting on his selt belt on. I focused my vision on the window next to me. Music was played in the car while I stayed quiet still thinking about these lame hoes trying to get my man. I mean I wasn't jealous but this was the first concrete reminder of all the shit that came along with dating a basketball player.
" Baby, you ain't say no words thru the ride here. You zoned out didn't even realise we here. Wassup? Who upset my baby?"
I smiled at his concern but then looked in my hand where the note lied.
" this was on your car" I said handing him the note. He looked at me hesitating to open it. When he read it his face softens from his usual mug.
" I don't know that girl and I don't care." He said scrunching the paper chucking it in the bin m. He didn't even talk about it further. He opened my door and grabbed my hand and led me up to my apartment.
" aye all this negative energy needs to go boo cos she ain't shit and you getting upset over something that ain't shit. She wants what you got and I got all I need in you." I was still annoyed but less now as he reminded who tf I was. None of these duck-faced hoes meant nothing to me and I was letting them get to me.
" so having said that, pack an over-night bag and pick a normal dinner outfit because we going dinner with my fam. Pre-birthday dinner at 7." Dave said scurrying out of my place.
"Ughhhhh David." I didn't understand why he was springing this up on me.

Thanks for reading,the votes and the comments. Dis just a filler.