CHAPTER 5

Moneice P.O.V

These couple of months has been pretty chilled for me. It is basketball season and its ending pretty soon. As far as me and Dave, we weren't officially anything; I wouldn't even say we were dating tbh. Everything is always intense at the beginning of the academic year. Our work schedule was madly busy as he was training for games and I've been just preparing for the track and field meets. We hung out when we could but we never had enough time to push past where we were at. We flirted and shit but it never went past that. Even though I understood that we were really busy, lowkey very lowkey, I was upset about us not giving it a try. But on the other hand, I could not care less. Niggas come and go .

"Josh and Dave are downstairs , they trying to eat, I was wondering if you on that too?" Cassie said her head peeping around the door. I had to think about this thoroughly. I was hungry as fuck and I could really use this opportunity to go eat but then Dave and I haven't hung out much since the date which was a couple of months ago so I wasn't really trying to be in any awkward situations.

"C'mon Mo, maybe you and him can talk about things. I aint lost hope with you two. "

" You are gross and I'll come down real quick. Let me change."

I decided to wear an all white outfit

I decided to wear an all white outfit. I wore my Karl Kani white tracksuit with a white hoodie with my white buffalos and to add more spice I wore a red silk durag over my sleek long white/blonde hair. I swear I am the flyest chick on campus, no cap. After I was done I began to make my way downstairs.

"Ite guys i'm ready. "

As Josh and Cassie jumped up and headed to the door, Dave stood up in which it felt like slow motion. He always had a mean mug on his face but when he saw me, he had a little smile, almost like a guilty/awkward smile.

"Ummm, hey"

"Hey" I replied back nonchalantly.

"Ummm, we kinda need to ride together since I bought my car too." He said scratching the back of his head. Honestly, I could've made a fuss about riding with him and jumped in Josh's car but I was hungry and just wanted to get to my destination.

"All right. Lead the way." We walked outside to see that Josh and Cassie were no longer in the driveway. He opened the door for me and I got in. His car smelt like him and he smelt heavenly.

Silence filled the car. Was it uncomfortable? Hell yes. He kept staring at me whenever he had the chance to. The car was finally parked as we reached the mall. Before I could even get out the car, Dave voice echoed in the car.

"Before we get out, can we talk?" He said nervously. Even though we haven't hung out much, one thing I would definitely say about Dave was that he was an extremely confident person. But today I guess I was seeing this other side. I nodded my head letting him know I was all ears.

"I just want to say I'm sorry. I kind of got caught up with stuff and never got around to actually making more time for you. After our date, I knew for a fact that I wanted to get to know you more and I still want that. I mean it's all up to you ma. But I'm trying to get you used to me from now on." I was never mad at him cos like I said niggas come and go but he just had something that made me want to be around him regardless of whether I wanted him or not.