Chapter 2

Mo POV

A couple of weeks later after the party has passed and that guy David seems to be catching everyone's attention on campus

A couple of weeks later after the party has passed and that guy David seems to be catching everyone's attention on campus. With the girls, his charm and looks got them on edge. Every class I go, his name has to come up. With the guys, his skills on the basketball court have a confusing effect on them. They hated to be impressed by him. The teachers were lured by his charisma and how active he was in class. He has everyone on campus speaking his name.

I was at the canteen in line when I felt a dominant presence behind me. I decided to ignore it. When it was my turn to pay for my meal, the person's hand reached out handing money to the lady. I finally turned around just to be faced with Mr Star Player himself.

"It's on me, ma,"he said with a full but sexy smile on his face. I was battling over whether I should argue or thank him. But his eyes were so captivating and I couldn't be annoyed with him paying for this meal.

"Thanks, David, " I smiled and walked away.

"So,you remember me then?" he said chasing after me.

"Ummm, your name is David right ?"

He chuckled.

" I just thought you didn't remember a nigga since you never talk to me.

By this time I was found a table and took a seat. He seated opposite me.

"So.....you wanted me to approach you?" I questioned while sipping my apple juice.

"I mean, I'm the new guy sooooo," he said.

"Well, it looked like you have enough people near you"

"How you know? You've been watching me?" he said calmly with a smirk on his face. He always having a cheeky smirk and it was annoyingly sexy. I wasn't watching him but when he was around I made a few glances at him. When i did he always had people around him.
"Whatever"
"well I have people around me but none of them is like you tho," he whispered causing a shiver go down my spine. David was fine. Actually more than fine. Physically he was almost perfect. But his aura, I believe, was his hook. On top of his good looks, the way he carried himself was really the icing on the cake.

"Really? All those pretty girls are around you 24/7 trying to catch your attention and you want me around you?" I arched my eyebrow cos this nigga wasn't about to win me over that easy. He didn't even know me like that. I must've said that out loud cos he replied, "So let me get to know you." He had a genuine smile on his face but in my head, I felt like all guys could fake a genuine smile so I wasn't sure if I wanted to give David the privilege.

"So you play basketball huh?" I asked while chewing a chip feeling an intense stare from him.

"Yeah, hopefully, go all the way to the NBA. "

"Well from what I've heard, that actually might happen."

"What have you heard?"

"I've heard that you good."

"How about you come to my first game tonight and be your own judge on my skills?"

Dave POV

She was thinking intensely

She was thinking intensely. That was something she did a lot. Think intensely. There were alot of pauses in our convo not because of awkwardness. It was because she was always thinking before she said something. I didn't mind though. It gave me a chance to take in her beauty. She was beyond beautiful. A modern angel.

"Alright," she finally said.

"Word? Are you going to wear my jersey?

She laughed. A nigga could dream tho.

"You pushing it. I'll go because I just wanna see what the hype is."

" Cool, cool, you better be there, Moneice. Don't play me.

"I'm coming," she said with a smirk on her face.

"Aight, I've got practice now," I said winking at her before walking away.

A few hours later

It was my first game since I transferred to NYU. I was little nervous but more excited. I've been playing ball since as long as I can remember. It's all I want to do. It was truly a passion. But today was special cos Moneice's fine ass was gonna be there. I've been here at NYU for weeks now and she didn't show any interest in me. So now that I have captured some of her attention, I had to make sure I kept it. I had to impress her. The game was about to start and I scanned the hall to catch her with Cassie and Josh. She was laughing at something that J said. Her hair was all sleek and her plump lip stood out shining and gleaming. It was as if they were calling me to connect mine to hers. I stared at her intensely waiting for her to catch my glare. She finally did. She gave me a smirk as acknowledgement which I swear made my dick twitch. I winked and smirked back. Let the game begin.

We were winning by 20 points. 45-25 points. 80% of those shots were mine. I wasn't known for tooting my own horn but I must say I was stunting on these niggas. I was letting no one pass me. Shot after shot I glanced at her and she remained tight. She had her arms crossed over her chest looking like a damn scout agent. She didn't show any sign of emotion and it frustrated me, pushing me to get more balls in the fucking basket. It was now 96-74 and there a few seconds on the clock and I gave my teammate the ball and he dunked it. The cheerleaders were cheering and everyone was dapping me. Our crowd was mad. This was music to my ears. The fact that I could bring pride to at least one person was enough reward. Maybe that need to please came from an insecurity or inner issue I had. I scanned the room to find the devil in disguise. I couldn't find her at all. I wanted to run around to find her but I knew I would see her tomorrow. There was no escaping me. I wanted to hear her full report of my performance. I knew she would front at first but that was was alluring about her. She wasn't gonna feed into my ego so easily. She wasn't eager to please me which made the pleasure even better when I got it. I chuckled at the thought of her. She's gonna be a trip.