Chapter 3

Mo POV

It was the day after the game

It was the day after the game. I didn't even need to be at the game to know how the game went. It was what everyone was talking about. I didn't mind. I was impressed, beyond impressed. He was a ready born star, a natural born leader. It was a beautiful sight to watch him on that court. I think I was dodging him all day.I didn't want to tell him what I truly thought. He had everyone praising him and I didn't want to participate in blowing his head. It was my free period and I decided to study in the library. It was already 10 mins in and I was already over reading and making notes,but it needed to be done. A person sat opposite me and I just glanced up and boy did i regret it.

"Well,well, if it isn't the girl that has been avoiding me ," he said teasingly. He had a full blown out smile on his face. He was cute and whatever. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"I ain't avoiding you."

"yeah it didn't look like that to me"

I was biting my pen having no clap-back.

"Anyway, how was the game?" he asked eagerly. Was my opinion that so important to him? If yes, then why?

"It was ite," I shrugged. He scrunched his face.

"ite?"

"Yeah, you were ite." I bit my pen trying to hold back my smile. I was shit at lying. But he didn't seem to notice that.

"Just ite?" he questioned again.

I shrugged my shoulders again. "That's my opinion." I sneaked in a smile.

"Are you fucking with a nigga?" he said closing the gap between us. He was serious. I could smell his cologne and shit I was dripping. I pushed him back onto his chair.

"Boy, you were good."

"just good, ma?"

"Nah, really, you are really something special on that court. Just stay focused and NBA won't be ready for you." I said honestly.

Dave POV

Just focus. I sat back on my chair staring at her. Her words lingered on my mind. I ain't the type of nigga to cuff girls. I caught feelings for girls but never to the point where i wanted to cuff her and make her mines. But, looking and hearing Moneice made me feel some type of way. I had a strange feeling.She kinda sounded like my mum. My mum was a rider which meant that Mo could be one too.

"Why don't you help me focus?" i said leaning towards her again. I was making her nervous, i could tell. But she was fighting the feeling and stared into my eyes with nearly same intensity. She was biting her pen making my eyes shift to her lips. I lick my lips trying to imagine how juicy her lips were.

"Stop looking at me like that," she whispered. It was almost as if she was doing this purpose. She was seducing a nigga so effortlessly. She didn't know that she could have anyone wrapped around her finger. She had that type of power. I tilted her her head towards me with my finger on her chin.

"Let me take you out?"I asked.

She paused. A bit too long. I was sweating tsunamis out here.

"No." she said leaning back going back to reading her notes.

"Why"

"Cos I don't want to"

Why don't you want to ?" I was annoyed. I was feeling the attraction and she was saying no. For what.
She shrugged.
"Not a good enough answer. "

"We can hang out with each other but an actual date where you plan the whole shit and you take me to dinner and all that shit, nah I ain't going."

"Whatever, hanging out is good enough for me." I said opening my book to start my notes.
There were 15 minutes of silence between us.
"Ummm, so what do you major in?" She mumbled.
"Sports Science." I was amused at the fact that she started the conversation first.
" why you keep smirking like that?" She sounded like she had an attitude.
"You make me smirk,ma. You're amusing to me."
"So I'm a joke to you then?"
"Nahh don't even try to turn it around like that. I'm interested in you"
"Why?" She mumbled. She always has her moments of shyness which I found personally adorable.
"You just have this spark"

Moniece POV
"Spark?' Spark was a weird word in my opinion.
"Yeah,you're different. You do things your own ways. You're mysterious. You're beautiful, intelligent.
I was blushing hard. I never blush. I'm too dark to be blushing.
"Awwww, hood girl is blushing."
I smacked his shoulder for embarrassing me further.
"Shut up. But thanks for the compliment."
"Nah, it's cool. It's all truth anyway." He smirked.
Another silent pause hit us. I was focusing on finishing up my notes.
"So when were you gonna tell me that you are the star of the track team?" I looked up to see him staring at me with the same usual intensity.
"Oh you heard about that?"
" Yeah, you didn't want me to know or something?"
"Nah it's not that. I just don't be talking about it a lot and plus we don't really talk much for me to have told you."
I wasn't really the type to talk about myself. I was the fastest girl on campus and probably amongst the nation's youth. But I just didn't feel the need to talk about myself. I didn't really like the attention.
" that's why I'm taking you out tonight"
"But.." Before I could even finish my sentence he interrupted me.
"Nah , no ifs and buts. I'm taking your fine ass out tonight. Imma pick you up at 8." He commanded while picking up his bag.
I was too flustered to argue. His attitude was turning me on and I don't know how much I can resist.

Two hours later
"You got an hour to get ready!" Cassie said stressed af.  It was as if she was going.
"Yo , Mo, where is he taking you? What you going to wear?".
My makeup was done. Just simple with some popping lip gloss making my lips look extra juicy.
Speaking of David, he began to ring my phone. I didn't know how he got my number but whatever.
"Yo baby girl you getting ready?" He said with his sexy raspy voice.
"Ummm...I don't know what to wear."
" wear something comfortable. You look good in whatever so don't be stressing too much,ma."
I couldn't even respond to him he got me feeling some type of way with his voice and pet names.
"Aight, loser. Cut the line so she can get dressed. " Cassie said grabbing my phone.
"Girl, you like him don't you?"
"Nah" I snapped back quickly.
"C'mon, he got you speechless with his dry ass voice. Probably made you wet."
"Omg, Cassidy"
This is girl is crazy with no filter.
"What you finna wear then? I think you should wear some cure bicycle shorts. The red ones with the -"
"Red and white crop hoodie" I said finishing her sentence.
"Yasssss bitch , that way you comfy but sexy too. He won't be able to concentrate with all that ass you got."
"On that note, never mind."
My ass is big and was one of my biggest insecurities. I didn't want it to be the main spectacle. But Cassie always made me feel like I was the most beautiful girl in the world and told me to embrace my body. Thinking of her words made me switch. I was young and it would be fun to tease him a lil bit.
I finally got dressed.
Cassie left to cater to her man. Not my words hers. I saw David pull up to our apartment 10 mins ago and now it's 10 mins to 8. This nigga must've been eager if he was 20 mins early. I wonder why he was just chilling in his car. I slid my red and white checkerboard vans. I locked the garden door. I did a double check in the mirror. Right at 8 , there was a knock on my door. This nigga😂