Chapter 6

It was midafternoon when we got back to London. Harry wanted to stay in, but I wanted to see London. The only time I was ever here was for work, and that gave me very little time to just walk around. The minute we got back to the suite I went to change. I quickly striped out of my current outfit and changed into jean shorts and a cropped-shoulder shirt with the American flag plastered on the front of it. I found my black open toed ankle boots and slipped them on in place of my Toms. When I returned to the living room Harry looked the same as he did this morning.

"Ready?" I asked him. He looked over at me and shrugged. I grabbed his hand and pulled of the couch towards the door.

"Okay, okay. I can manage myself," he laughed. We repeated the walk to the elevator from this morning, but this time there wasn't any silence. We elbowed each other and giggled as we walked along, but the moment we were concealed in the empty elevator Harry pinned me to the wall and quieted my laughter with his lips. His lips moved in sync with mine, and it was pure bliss. I was tempted to reach out and stop the elevator, but my mind told me it would only draw unwanted attention to us. When the elevator warned us that we were on the main floor we split apart, leaving me only his hand for me to take. We walked out of the building hand in hand, but that didn't stop any of the screaming teen girls from hitting on him. Harry threw me a questioning glance when some of the girls asked for photos with him. I nodded and stood back. It was hard watching him with all of those pretty girls, but I had to tell myself that it was me that he had just kissed so forcefully that it made me melt.

"Listen, girls, I would love to take pictures with you all, but I'm trying to enjoy a day out with my girl. I'll be back later, though," he reassured them after a series of disappointing sounds. Harry waved to the sad girls and joined me on the sidewalk. He took my hand once more and gave it a squeeze. We walked the streets until we found a quiet little coffee shop in the heart of London. We entered a tiny room filled with the aroma of coffee and chocolate, and Harry bolted straight to the counter. He ordered his tea and then looked to me. "What do you want?" he asked.

"Um, something with caramel, please," I replied. I really didn't care about what kind of coffee I had, just as long as there was caramel. People could say that it was my guilty pleasure.

As Harry waited for our coffee I found a small table near the window. It made me wonder what it would be like just to take a year off to live here. The people seemed happy, and it was so much neater than the US. I was shaken from my thoughts when Harry set down a steaming cup of what smelled like hot chocolate. I hesitantly took a sip of it, and my previous observation had been correct. It was hot chocolate, but, like I had asked, caramel was added to it.

"Do you like it?" Harry asked with a large smile on his face.I nodded as I took another sip. "My mum used to make that all the time when I was sick."

"Your mother is wonderful. You're so lucky to have her," I told him.

"Well, she really likes you," he replied.

"How do you know that?" I asked curiously.

"She texted me right after we left Holmes Chapel this morning. Oh, and Gemma wants to hang out with you tomorrow. After that we're going to check out of the hotel and go stay at my flat because all of the boys are coming here for a few days." He kept his eyes on me while he took a sip of his tea. "For some reason everyone likes you," he said as if it was an unbelievable occurance.

"Not everyone," I said as I thought back to some of the tweets I had gotten after Harry and I had first been seen together.

"What do you mean?" he asked with a hurt look in his eyes.

"Some of your fans aren't too happy about you being taken," I told him. He gave me a questioning look, and I sighed. "Trust me, it's pretty terrible what some of them have said to me on twitter."