Chapter 8

Harry and I stayed in bed for the rest of the day, only leaving that warmth of the other's embrace to get food or use the bathroom. At around seven we got dressed and started a movie. While he went to the kitchenn to make popcorn I changed into my pajamas. I out my hair up in a messy bun and put my glasses on. I slipped on my sheep slippers and sat on the bed to wait for him, but after five minutes I got bored and left the room to join him in the kitchen. I passed the other boys in the living room and gave them a small wave. The all exchanged awkward looks and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and continued to the kitchen.

"Hey," I said as I walked into the large kitchen. 

"Hey." He smiled at me. "Wanna go shopping for a ring tomorrow morning?" I threw a piece of popcorn into my mouth and gave him a slow nod. "Good because I already called Tiffany's so someone is ready for us when we get there." 

"What if I had said no and that I didn't want a ring?" I asked him while I ate more popcorn. It was my absolute favorite: salted sweetcorn. 

"Well, then I'd be screwed." We laughed and he took me in his arms. He kissed me slowly at first, but then he slid his tongue against my lower lip. I gladly opened for him, and we explored each other's mouths until the sound of the microwave tore us from one another. 

I wiped my mouth and took my bowl of popcorn back to his room. I smiled once more as I passed them, but Louis's voice stopped me in my tracks.

"I don't have to listen to you guys tonight, do I? 'Cause if I do I'll go stay with Eleanor or one of the other guys," he said. 

I laughed. "Don't worry. We're watching a movie and going to bed." I shook my head at his inquiries and continued back to Harry's room. I sat down on the bed and pulled the covers onto my lap. I pressed play, and the movie started just as Harry joined me.

"Were you really gonna start the movie without me?" he asked, feigning hurt. 

"No." I threw a piece of popcorn at him, and it got stuck in his hair. I laughed and picked it out while he glared at me with a half-serious expression. 

Harry pulled me close to him as Love Actually began to play. Chance encounters was a key part of the movie, and it made me think of the night in the club. It had been completely a happening of chance that it was Harry that I was dancing with and not one of the other many boys there. I'm not quite positive if it was just chance that Simon had picked Harry for the whole publicity relationship, but either way, I was happy with his choice. Simon unknowingly put me with someone that actualy made me happy, and not just someone that helped my publicity. It wasn't even about the publicity anymore. I really wanted to be with Harry. I had been completely wrong about him. He was kind, sincere, and he was completely cheeky.

I looked up at him as I rest my head on his chest. His eyes were glued to the screen, and I could see why this was his favorite movie. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of his heartbeat. It was like a lullaby that would put a child to sleep, and that's exactly what it did. 

Have you ever woken up to the sun on your face, a hand running soothingly through your hair, and a boy humming your favorite song? That's exactly how I woke up the next moring. I looked up at Harry who was wide awake and smiled at him. He was humming "Miss You" by Ed Sheeran, and it made me want to sing along. 

"I don't know when I lost my mind. Maybe when I made you mine. Woooaah. I don't know when I lost my mind. Maybe it was everytime that you said, you said, you said.. That I miss you," I sang along groggily. Harry laughed, interrupting the humming, and leaned down to kiss my forehead. 

"Wanna go shower?" he asked cheekily. 

I laughed and thought about it for a minute. What was the possibility that we would actually focus ono the shower and not each other? I smiled. "Race ya!" I hopped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I was already striped down to my underwear when Harry got into the bathroom. He gave me one swift look before pulling his clothes off faster than I could even comprehend. He stepped into the shower and turned the water on. I stood frozen in my place as the water rained down on his naked body.